or Connect

Posts by scottishtwins

Quote: Originally Posted by Caterina So in the last 2 days, with my nipple sensitivity going into overdrive and a serious twiddler, I'm feeling like I need to start the process to cut down on nursing a bit. It's so painful, especially at the latch-on, and she's constantly wanting to switch sides and popping on and off. I've started trying to redirect, offer alternatives and sometimes just say, no mimi's are hurting right now, but I'd love any other ideas....
I haven't gotten them with either of my other pregnancies, but I already have them all the way down the inside of my left leg. If they look like this at 6.5 weeks, I'm scared to see what my legs are going to look like in the third trimester!! Anyone get them during pregnancy? Did they go away after delivery? Did you wear support hose to help?
Me! I am still nursing my younger son (17 months) and pumping enough for a sippy cup of milk a day for my older son, who is allergic to milk. I am hoping that my supply doesn't completely tank, because my older son really needs the milk! I'm not as worried about my younger, because he can have alternatives. So far I have noticed a slight drop as the day goes on, but my first few nursing sessions of the day are the same as they ever were.
Finding a midwife where I live is HARD, but I found one today that is willing to deliver and I liked her after talking to her on the phone. The only problem is that she is 2.5 hours away. She said with my history of longer labors, that she feels comfortable with the drive. Would you? Is that too far? The only other problem is finding a place to do prenatal visits. She is willing to meet me halfway, but I don't know anyone in the towns she mentioned, so there isn't...
The closest city to me is Lima, OH and I am looking for a homebirth midwife. I had a hospital birth with a midwife with my last two, but would like to have this baby at home. Thanks in advance!
Thanks so much ladies! All of this information is really helpful! I am over an hour south of Toledo - closer to Dayton, so I think I'll have more luck finding someone there. I know there are a few midwives in Dayton, but I'm not sure if they're willing to drive to get to me. My doula is checking for me. I feel much better about the birth certificate now. Looks like I'll be having a conversation with my family doctor at my son's appointment at the end of the...
I'm only 4 weeks along, so I'm not really feeling any different. I'm tired, but not any more than usual - chasing my two boys around wears me out even when I'm not pregnant. I've been pretty crampy and had some round ligament pain, but nothing too bad.
Thanks for the info ladies. My doula is now working as a midwife asst., but she is now an hour away from me. She could put me in touch with some midwives that she trusts, but I don't know if I feel comfortable with them being an hour or more away. I guess I can't really be picky though, we don't even have CNM in my area anymore. It's so sad. It is helpful to hear how much money I am looking at. I can guarantee that it won't be covered by my insurance, but with my...
I just found out today that I am pregnant with #3. I am still nursing my 17 month old and pumping a sippy of milk for my nearly 3 year old every night. So far, I haven't noticed that my milk has been affected, but my nipples have been really tender. I had a problem with my son "twiddling" my nipple a few months ago and I had to stop nursing topless. While he is on one side, I block his access to the other. The twiddling was the most annoying feeling ever and it...
I just found out I am pregnant with my third. I had hospital births with my first two, with a CNM attending. My midwife retired and I have decided that I would like to have a homebirth this time around. My doula is trying to find me a midwife in the area (I am in NW Ohio), but it looks like the closest one is at least 45 minutes to an hour away. I was wondering if anyone could share me their experiences with having a homebirth in Ohio. I have read that Ohio isn't...