or Connect

Posts by westchestermom

Hi there, Santa Rosa isn't bad. You can check out Montgomery Village-- they have a Whole Foods, a really nice park/playground, and a little shopping area. Prices are much more reasonable than they were a year ago. If you have to move to Santa Rosa, now is a good time to do it. You could also check out some of the surrounding areas if you wanted to. Sebastopol isn't too far and is a bit "crunchier." Good luck! ~Jen
Well by golly your right Lingmom... We did meet one WONDERFUL couple at Asilomar that year. Silly me... And regarding breastfeeding-- we had talked about me relactating to nurse our son when DP was a work, but... once ds was born, dp really wanted to be the sole breastfeeder. We weren't expecting those strong feelings about it, but they were there. Just something to keep in mind...
That's me-- bio mom to our daughter (4 years old) first, then my partner gave birth to our son almost 2 years ago. It was strange... but it was really great. It gave me a whole new understanding-- was really nice to be able to experience parenting from both roles. Was it hard? Of course. We both went to all of each others appts because we both really like to know what's going on, but it was hard to not be the one who was really EXPERIENCING the pregnancy (of course I...
We took our 3 year old and our 10 month old last year. It was super-crowded and super-long. That said, we had a great time. Our daughter loved the parade-- whenever a contingent of drag queens passed she said "look at all the princesses!" and when the leather contingent passed she said "look, the police are here too!" We did leave the parade before the end-- it got pretty raunchy at the end. And the festival is nuts-- we found it a bit too crowded to enjoy with...
Catie Curtis has some great albums out there.
I would recommend reading the Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy & Birth by Stephanie Brill. It is a great book with LOTS of information on all aspects of working to get pregnant. Good luck!
Hi. My experience was that we tried to conceive our daughter for 5 months with IUI. On the 6th month I had an HSG AND it was also the 1st month that I used Clomid. That was the time that it worked. So hard to say if it was the HSG, the Clomid, some combination, or just a fluke that it worked that time. I've heard before that it can improve your chances. As for how it was-- it was definitely not pleasant. It was painful, but only for the time of the procedure. As...
Bedtime is typically around 10:30 or 11pm, and I get up, unfortunately, between 4 and 5am depending on when ds decides to wake up. Ugh... I keep hoping that he'll learn to sleep a bit later one of these days....
I agree that you definitely should get a freeze/thaw test done before you put too much $$ into it. They should be able to do it at a fertility doctor or reproductive endocrinologist's office (Don't make the mistake our donor did the first time and go to a regular endocrinologist's office. When he goet in there for his appointment they were like "You want to do what???? For who???" They were appalled by the whole thing and he was horribly embarrassed.). Regarding the...
Sorry we misunderstood you. Thought you might want the website for this woman. Might be worth at least checking into if Kaiser ends up not working for you. http://www.athomefertility.com/ Goodnight!