or Connect

Posts by Myethpio

Walden is definitely more on the academic side than Sequoyah, you'll see desks and workbooks and such there, but it still had multiple age groups and tries to keep a progressive approach. Sequoyah seems to be much more of the true progressive type. Many of the classes have no desks, and the child has the freedom to work on different things. I would definitely recommend looking into both of these if you're looking at the progressives. I'm applying to Walden since I'm...
I really liked them both. I love the idea behind Sequoyah, but for the type of learning my daughter enjoys, I'm not sure it would be the right choice. If I had a choice a few years ago I would have loved a school like this for my kids. (there was a school that allowed homeschoolers to attend PT but I'm not sure if it was them... may have been Friends Western...) They have a wonderful camping trip every year that the children get to experience that really seems to be...
Freinds Western has an open house coming up soon, so I haven't been able to take a look yet, probably for the same reason you mentioned. How academic is it? Waldorf I couldn't even look at because of the limited financial aid. Financial aid really cut out a lot of the private schools that may have been available for us. My situation is that I was a total "unschool" type homeschooling mom, looking forward to teaching them at home, not pushing anything, etc... after...
Thank you for the info... I've visited Sequoyah and Walden so far, as well as Crestview... Waverly is my next one, along with St. Mark, which I know nothing about. Chandler and Mayfield Jr. had open houses in December only, so their visits aren't even until after you apply, which I think is odd. I'm just trying to pick and choose a few she may be able to get into, because financially I can't just apply to everything. I have no idea how the admissions process is for a...
I was wondering if I could get some opinions on a few Pasadena schools from anyone. This is for my first grader in the fall. She is 5 now. Here's the one's I was looking at: Here's the four I'm most curious about: Sequoyah Walden Waverly Friends Western Then the more academic: Chandler Crestview Mayfield St. Mark's Any opinions or input on these would be greatly appreciated! Does anyone know about these schools, have a child there, or have any...
I probably should have asked earlier but my curiosity has peaked now... what is stbx?
Yeah mine is almost 5. I don't think she understands the concept of relationships yet, but I'm sure she isn't too far from it either. The other one is only 1.5 and she really has no concept in that aspect. It's really complex if you think about it... but kids are very intelligent... she asks her father where his g.f. is, and why she hasn't seen her recently... one day she even asked him where his g.f. sleeps. He didn't know what to say so I think he just distracted...
How old is your child? It's so tough to even date when you have kids... :P
Wow, I didn't know you could court order such a thing... I wish I would have known, that's interesting... so does having a court order for that work? it's so tough, especially when you see it is not a healthy relationship and that it is involving your children... although many times things have been thrown back at my face because I am seeing someone as well... as if he "tries" to get away with more because I'm seeing someone... but it shouldn't even be like that....
This was very difficult for me too... My daughter was 3.5 back then and she would cry and ask for dad all the time. We left and moved in with my parents, and he wouldn't see the kids for about 2 weeks at a time. My daughetr had come to expect seeing him everyday. I had to watch her cry, play with her dolls and have a daddy doll who loved his kids, and watch her draw pictures of the 4 of us holding hands and "married." It was awful and heart breaking. But gradually he...