or Connect

Posts by Tway

Hi Shayna! We're in the Plateau, and love it. It's definitely not "roomy", but there are a lot of kids around with tons of parks, stores, restaurants, and places to meet other moms. A lot of it's in French, though...
Dinner is at 6 or 6:15-ish, when DH gets home. And bedtime these days is around 9. Gives us time to eat, clean up, go for a walk or hang out in the living room, do bath, PJs, book, feed, and bed. It will change eventually, I'm sure, but it's what we finally found that works for us.
DD loves those pet-the-animal-fur books. She's had them since she was about 7 months, and these days, at almost 1, she delicately turns the pages, pulls the fur, makes the animal sounds, and follows the words with her finger and babbles. I love it! She gets that words are something, and she's making up her own babble story. We've always read to her, but I guess we started trying to sit her up and follow along when she was about 3-4 months old. At fist she'd have...
DD is about to turn 1, and we're overloaded with toys! Seriously--where do I put these things?? When people ask what to get for her bday, I'm tending towards winter-wear: jeans, courdoroys, little sweaters, socks, etc. We also need a snow suit, hat with velcro, mitts and boots--would these help your cousin? I also second books--the ones where a baby can "pet" the animals' fur are DD's favourite. Also--boring but true--a gift certificate to anywhere one can buy...
I paid every penny of my university education, but then again I live in Quebec and a Bachelor degree is still pretty affordable. I think I paid about $7,500, books included. It helped that I lived at home. Nonetheless, I took a year off school to work full-time and save up so I could pay cash each semester. I've always considered it a great source of pride to have put myself trough school debt-free. It also drove me to work hard and get good grades, since I knew the...
I don't have a story to add (yet!), but wanted to thank you, mamas, for sharing. Such heartwarming stories--they brought tears to my eyes!
So a coworker posted on Facebook today that her newborn just gave her another 7-hour stretch of sleep. She well-restedly wrote "looks like my 7-week-old is sleeping through the night!" Now I love her dearly and I'm happy she is getting the rest she needs to take care of her kids, but I also get insanely jealous/frustrated/annoyed/desperate when hearing that parents get to enjoy their babies in a restful, anxious-less state of mind. Another friend complained that her...
Just wanted to add that I stop by a coffee shop just about every weekday for an hour or so, and DD people-watches while I gulp a little wake-me-up. She loves seeing people, and smiles away at everyone. She's rarely ever restless or unhappy, I think because every new face gives her someone to interact with. I strategically sit near the cash and people work their magic every time. She even flirted with a policeman today!
I gotta say, walks were a life saver--and still are! Even if there's no parks around, can your in-laws take him around the neighbourhood? DD loved to have things pointed out to her--tree, squirrel, bird, car, anything at all. At some point she started to make the sounds of the animals and is now trying to pronounce the words. She just loves the stimulation and the fresh air. Can your in-laws try even a trip around the block...?
Quote: Originally Posted by ErinYay I had much better luck with our pediatrician, Dr. Google. Hey, he's my favourite pediatrician, too! Spent many a long night chatting away with him obsessively. My only complaint is that he sometimes gives me very inappropriate information for things like "sore nipples". I also read WTE, and got pretty depressed over how my DD "should" be sleeping. I keep meaning to pick up a Dr. Sears book. I'll keep...