or Connect

Posts by Tway

I worry more about people's hands than what they cart in on their shoes. Like a PP said, a public bathroom is off-limits (heck, my OWN bathroom is off limits!), but other than that I let her roam around where there's space and it's appropriate. A little dirt won't kill her, and she's only had 2 episodes of the sniffles--once at 3 months and right now at 11. I'd just scan the hotel carpet for any objects she could swallow and let her roam free!
So DD just woke up crying about an hour after being put down. And I got up, a little depressed that she'd only managed an hour, to find her sitting up in her crib and rubbing her eyes. I fished around for the paci, popped it in, and she LAY BACK DOWN on her own and promptly fell back to sleep. ???? I mean, I'm very happy that I didn't have to nurse, rock, pat, shush, and whatnot for an hour, but I'm a little confused. Did she sit up in her sleep? Is her brain in...
I met my BF in kindergarten. That was 32 years ago. We went through phases of being close and losing touch a little, but we always took back up where we left off, as if no time had passed. Now that we're mothers, we're probably closer than ever.
Quote: Originally Posted by dicksonley Thanks, Louise! You and Katie (LadyCatherine) are my inspirations at 3 am when DS is driving me batty. I know that things will get better but it's so, so hard to see the end when you are so, so tired. My temper is so short and the days (and nights, for that matter) are so long. Snuggling with mama to go back to sleep sounds so much nicer than nursing, hair-pulling, kicking, head-butting, kamikaze dives off the...
We gave up the attempt at a "proper" bedtime at about 9-10 months and decided to put DD down at 9 o'clock. So instead of shushing and rocking and praying and getting mad for an hour, it now takes about 10-15 minutes to get her down. We start the routine at 8, with bath, change, book, nurse, and kisses, and DH brings her into the room to unwind at about 8:45. She's almost always out by 9. And yes, DH took over the putting to bed at around 8 months, which saved my sanity....
I love the Gagou Tagou stuff they sell at l'Aubainerie (also saw them at Toys R Us). Very affordable and they come in lots of sizes.
I don't know if this is hopelessly out of date, but when my grandparents moved to Florida when we were kids, we'd make tapes (yes, good ol cassette tapes) and send them back and forth. My sis and I would sing or tell stories or chatter about our day, and my parents would tape a song they heard or talk about the family or any news. My grandparents would also put on stories or music, and talk about the weather, their outings, anything really. I kept a few, which are very...
Nope. 11 months and still up. Cosleeping just eliminates the trekking back an forth to the crib. Having a bad sell right now so I'm actually pining for the days of 2 wake-ups a night...
DD just woke up an hour after being put down. ARGH! From 5 hours in a row to 1 in just 2 weeks... Thank you, mamas, for your ears and your support. I just went out with an old friend who said his DD didn't sleep well till she was almost 2, so at least I'm not alone IRL, either. I know I will one day look back on this and have fond memories of comforting DD when she needed me, but right now it's just so raw and overwhelming. Sometimes I look back at all those Saturday...
The only way I can look is when she's crying--usually just before bedtime, or if I'm cleaning her nose (which she hates!). Kinda mean of me to take advantage, but I haven't figured out how else to get a peek.