or Connect

Posts by Tway

My 11-month-old slept a 4-5 hour stretch, then up only twice to nurse, for a whole month! Now? Yesterday she did 2 hours, fussed all night, and nursed about 5 times. ARGH!!!!! Hopefully it's just new teeth, and this phase will pass. It's so unfair!!!! The give us this little bit of hope and then... And don't get me started on Mothers who complain they have to get up once to feed. Bah!
He doesn't expect it, no... but now that DD's 11 months, I'm usually able to get supper ready for when DH gets home around 6. I start cooking at about 5, and put toys, tupperware, books, etc. on the kitchen floor for DD to play with. I talk to her while I cook and will get down on the floor with her every once in a while. It usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to prepare supper. Nothing fancy, mind, and usually a 1-bowl meal. DH is actually very appreciative and...
Anyone else...? I guess I'm holding out hope for a magic cure or something.
If I remember right, it finally clicked at 3 months that DD napped 3 X a day. Took me till 6 months to notice a real pattern, although by then she was down to 2 naps a day. I think it was at the 10-month mark that I really figured out the timing for everything... although I know that will change soon enough.
Oh! I just saw you deleted the post. I thought it took guts to admit how you felt. Far better than to hide it. I'm sorry you felt the need to delete your post, and I hope I could help, even a little.
DD is 11 months and I lose my cool in the middle of the night sometimes. After being up for hours for the nth night in a row, and having my hair pulled and face poked and whatnot all night long, there are times I just lose it. I punch the bed. I yell. I even, yes, shamefully, tell her to shut up. To GO TO SLEEP. In the morning I'm horridly ashamed. My little girl, who is so good in every other way, doesn't deserve to be spoken to like that. But like you, I swear to do...
Quote: Originally Posted by Llyra And be aware that banana, once it's gone all the way through the digestive system, can look a LOT like worms. But it's not worms-- it's just the banana. Oh, lordy, that scared the bejeezus out of me the first time I saw it. Took me a sec of staring to realize it wasn't moving... Thanks for the thread! DD is eating more and more and I've been wondering about that, too.
There are days (OK, a lot of days) when I walk DD through the park and see people reading, sleeping in the sun, talking with friends, and I think "that used to be me". Or I go to the coffee shop and see people on their computer, or staring out the window, and think "I bet they don't have to go home, make supper, bathe a baby, and hope to get 3 hours' sleep in a row". I see my "old" life everywhere--and it often makes me sad, or at least nostalgic. I do notice, though,...
I was just about paralyzed with fear over doing the "right" thing with DD from the day she was born. I was constantly afraid that I wasn't holding her enough, holding her too much, not paying enough attention to her, you name it. I was physically exhausted from lack of sleep, and mentally exhausted from all this doubt. I'm better today, but still not great. Worse, I find myself losing patience when things are at their worst--usually when DD is fussy and fidgeting and...
Thanks for your replies! DD is perfectly content during the day and isn't pulling on her ears--plus we tried Tylenol last night with no luck. So I don't think it's an ear infection. I'll keep an eye out for any signs, though. I forgot to mention that DD is also very clingy at night, and says "mamamama" if I turn my back to her or try to push her away so she stops pulling my hair. I don't know if it's a separation-anxiety thing, because she's happy enough to go to...