or Connect

Posts by Tway

Quote: Originally Posted by LauraLoo I would have spent more time than I already did hugging and kissing and playing, and less time in front of the computer trying to figure out where I was going wrong and where I might go wrong in the future. Amen. (Yet here I am again... )
DD is also 11 months, and I was going to post a "what the heck?" thread, too. At about 9 months, she was doing 4-5 hour stretches when we first put her down in her crib--which meant DH and got to sleep all stretched out in bed. Oh, and TOGETHER in bed! DD would wake twice, and I'd bring her to bed and feed her and she's turn around and drift off. Now she's doing only 3 hours at first, with about 4 wake-ups. But the worst is the fidgeting! Last night she pulled my hair...
Other than doctor's appointments, I schedule things for the afternoon. Now that we've started at a Mommy & Me group, I actually make sure DD is up by 8 so she'll nap 11-11:45 and we can get out the door by noon. And I make sure EVERYTHING is ready beforehand: snacks, water, coats out, shoes on, bus money in pocket, diaper bag filled, wrap/stroller out, I mean EVERYTHING. All I do is wait till DD wakes from her nap, change her diaper, put on our coats and out we go. Mind,...
DD's only 11 months, but I guess I'd try to worry a lot less. That said, I still worry too much. I'd go back and reassure myself that it does, in fact, eventually start to get better. I definitely wish I knew more about AP before DD was born--especially the benefits of cosleeping. It would have saved me a lot of guilt and given me some perspective when the visiting nurse tsk-tsked it. But I have friends who coslept and I used t tsk-tsk it, too. In the end, it's all...
I'm copying this from another thread. DD is 11 months, so will only officially be a toddler in a month or so, but FWIW I thought I'd re-post here. Note that this is our general schedule, with lots of fluctuation. Here's what our routine generally looks like (at least Monday-Friday) 8:30/9:00 Up for the day (DH has already left for work) 9:00 - 10:00 Breakfast for DD and I 10:00 - 10:45 Shower for me, dry hair, dress DD 10:45 - 12:00 Playtime/Check email/Browse...
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyS And babies grow very differently, too. I would have bought an October baby 12 month summer clothes, too. My 3 month old (tomorrow!) wears 9 month clothes. I figure he'll be in 12 month clothes in the next 6 weeks or so. Totally! DD is 11 months and still fits nicely into her 9-month outfits. In fact, one pair of 6-9 month jeans just started fitting her last week. She's pretty petite (despite being born at...
Quote: Originally Posted by shells_n_cheese YES. Forever and ever! I'm glad you posted this thread. It's really reassuring to see I am not alone! I always think I'm doing something wrong. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only SAHM who has this problem. Oh lord, thank you for posting that. There are moments when I feel like the worst mom on the planet, because I don't know what in the world to do next or I'm biting my nails waiting for 6 o'clock for...
I don't mean to thread-jack or anything--and I'm bringing this up out of curiosity and not critique--but sometimes when I read stuff on MDC I feel a little overwhelmed by a lot of "rules" (or maybe I should call them "do's and don'ts"). I've always felt praise was positive and encouraging. My parents always told us they were proud of our achievements, and it made us feel loved and special--way more special that the poor kids whose parents never turned up for school...
I'll one up you and say we use "Good girl!" a lot. Along with clapping and insanely big smiles. DD is 11 months and only understands rudimentary words, so if I said "wow, you placed all the circles into the right shape on your toy!" she'd probably understand "wow--blahblahblahblahblahblahblah!". However, with my friends' kids, who walk and talk, I usually say things like "you coloured inside the lines? you're really good at drawing" or some such thing, because I know they...
People bought DD, an October baby, some really beautiful 12-month summer dresses. I tried to have her wear the smallest ones, but I'm going to save the rest for whoever has a summer baby, I guess. I used the short-sleeved onesies under a blouse or a thin shirt--honestly, I preferred to have a onesie under things so DD's skin didn't rub all over everything. These were mostly plain white or pink. The decorative ones were perfect for summer, but if they're too small just...