or Connect

Posts by magpiemind

Leonidas Finley Oben made his entrance Sunday at 11:53 am! 8 lbs 9 oz, 21 inches. Will post photos later. We're both recovering well!
My view at 41 weeks:  
Here is a picture of the necklace I made! (Please forgive the wrinkly pillowcase background.) In addition to the swap beads, I added a bunch from my oversized bead stash.   Thanks again to all of you! I love the beads, and can't wait to wear them during labor! :)  
Yay beads! I was so thrilled when I opened the package - the beads are all amazing and lovely! I'm very grateful to all of you.    The beads I sent are white with a blue design. I chose them for a few reasons. First, they're ceramic, made from material from the earth, and I like the symbolism of that: a lump of earth was made into this beautiful object, and we are also from the earth and beautiful!   I like the design, too. Some have birds, and others are more...
Lots of great suggestions already! I'd just like to add a couple more things I found useful:   - Battery-operated fan. There were times during labor when I was unbearably hot, and my little portable fan became the most wonderful thing in the world. :)   - Depends absorbent underwear for post-delivery. The hospital-provided disposable underwear and thick pads were fine, but had their limitations; it was hard to get comfortable in the bed because I had to be very...
Hi!   I'm the add-on mommy. :) Thank you all so much for letting me join in! I participated in a bead swap with my first baby, and loved having such a tangible motivator with me during labor. I really look forward to having that same type of memento for this baby.   Huge thanks to those of you who are sending beads for me! If you've already sent your beads prior to my joining, please don't feel pressured to send me one if it's any trouble. (It was my own fault I...
  Getting more leeway! People are more understanding when I have to bow out of activities or leave early. Also, I'm not a big drinker, and when I'm pregnant no one tries to pressure me to "have one to loosen up" or "try my drink, it's great!"    That applies to myself as well. Prior to being pregnant, I felt bad about napping when my toddler napped; no matter how tired I was, I felt like I was slacking off. But now, it's easier to give myself permission to nap because I...
Just got home from our anatomy scan:   It's a BOY!   This will be our second. With our first (14 months old now), we gave him a family name we both love, so that was easy. Now we have to figure out a name for this guy! Such a fun dilemma!
Another Bradley fan here! Knowing what was going on during labor and knowing roughly what to expect (transition, etc) was immensely helpful. It was a great help to my husband, too, enabling him to be supportive in the ways I needed.   A surprising benefit was that it almost felt like I had "permission" to do what I needed to do during labor. Without the classes, I would have worried more about whether it was "okay" to move into different positions; I would have been...
Hi! I'm very happy to be here! :)     EDD: 4-4-12 Your Name: Joyce Age: 36 State or Country: Maryland How long it took to you to get your BFP: about three months or so? (We conceived this one 10 months after the birth of our first, and my cycles had returned around 7 months postpartum.) What number child is this for you: 2 living, 1 miscarriage Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): husband, son, German Shepherd, Maine Coon...