or Connect

Posts by Mainebirdgirl

Hey all, I creep around a bit but between working part time and 2 babies I don't spend much time on my computer these days...   La Bruja, I know people in my local 'mothering circle' have mentioned that 3 months is often a peak for PPD.I don't think that's based on any studies (that I know of) but I think it's common. I felt a bit of a let-down at 3 months because everyone builds it up to be this transformational time for you and your babe(s), but I felt things...
I worked full time until they day before my twins came at 38 weeks. Work was doing physical stuff until 30+ weeks as well, then mostly at my desk. 
I'm so sorry!  I think methergine is pretty commonly given after childbirth, so I *think* it's probably OK for when nursing, but what did your OB say? Any LCs or something you can talk to and ask? Taking meds while BFing is stressful, but you have to do what you have to do.  It sounds scary, but you've got to take care of yourself so you can take care of your little one! I had to go on methergine for a missed miscarriage, so it's not much help in your situation- but...
Wow- I don't know how you Moms care for wee babies while chasing toddlers!    I need a quick vent- I just got KNOCKED on my kiester by a horrible cold. I couldn't sleep at all last night (which drove me bananas since the babies were sleeping beautifully) and I just feel awful. I'm terrified of the babes getting sick- 2 6-week old babes with this snotty, headache-y, sore throated cold sounds epic. Anyone have stories of being sick while bfeeding babes and the babes...
Way to go! I am amazingly impressed!  I hope your girls and DH are treating you well!
Oh Mollie- I wish I could offer you more than a virtual hug!    I don't know how you do it! I had grandma help for the first 4 weeks of our twins and a husband who doesn't sleep through screams and it STILL was really rough. Twins are a LOT!   Please please give yourself a break. You didn't fail birth- look what you did! You created two big healthy babies, a big accomplishment particularly given all the difficulties twin moms often face. That is a huge...
Congratulations Rosemary! I hope you heal quickly and enjoy!!  
Lifeguard- I'm super impressed that you're still keen for more while going through this!  That's been one of the nice things about twins- I keep thinking "we may be done- we don't have to do this again, they already have a sibling!" Granted it really peeves me when people say "a boy and a girl- you're all done!"  Now I'm thinking they might be right. We'll see... I'm a little shocked not more people are adding on to this- it makes me feel bad. Yes, having lovely...
Congrats Mollie! I've been wondering what happened with your babes!   I'm so sorry to hear things didn't go like as planned (foot presenting- REALLY? After all that?) but so glad they are safe and sound in your arms. I have met 3 twin Moms over the past 2 days and they had babies in the NICU for 1 month, 2 months, and 3 months! Made me feel so grateful despite the challenges. Plus you have such big and healthy babes! I hope Megan catches on, I bet she will. Clara...
Wow- I am surprised more people haven't said anything.   I totally hear you! I have been getting a ton of sleep for having twins, have amazing support, and have been getting out of the house and things, but I am physically and emotionally spent. Postpartum is rough. I feel like I'm walking a tight-rope and a small error will put me in a downward spiral. My MIL was here for a week and within days I was wondering if I was going towards PPD. She was a total downer and...