or Connect

Posts by Snow Cherries

Thank you for the thoughtful replies. To be honest, I'm not totally sure why the deadline is my due date. It was a long and kind of overwhelming conversation (since I really never envisioned having this option) and at the time I didn't think to question why he said anything about my due date being the deadline. It was just said in the course of conversation. I remember him specifically saying at one point that the safest time to perform a repeat c-section was between...
Thanks for the replies. I know that being on a clock may give me additional and unnecessary anxiety which probably won't be conducive to allowing labor to start naturally and peacefully. That fact is one that made me sort of give up on the idea of a vbac in the beginning. Xerxella - "not wanting to fail, not wanting fight" is exactly how I've felt throughout this pregnancy. The idea of having a successful, no (or very low) intervention vbac is so appealing to me,...
My Dr. is very supportive of my trying a VBA2C in the hospital so long as I don't go overdates. I've been mentally preparing for another repeat c-section for this baby because I was sure/assumed that it would be such a challenge to even try for a VBA2C. I just didn't feel up to the challenge (and likely disappointment) of standing my ground against hospital regulations, disapproving dr.s, etc. I know that makes me sound like a total wimp. But I was certain that there...
Great suggestions - thanks! Would you be willing to share your "recipe" for the homemade vapo-rub substitute? I've heard really great things about burning beeswax candles whenever someone has a respiratory virus so this is really appealing to me. Not sure if it would have the same benefits?
I am putting together a couple of what I'm calling healing kits for my family. I hate it when someone starts coming down sick and we have to run to the store because we're out of this or that (I'm also a big couponer/bargain shopper and I hate having to pay full price for anything and whenever I'm shopping last minute for Tylenol etc., I always end up having to pay full price!) The first one I've put together is for tummy bugs and mostly revolves around clean...
Thanks for the responses! I like the wallet idea - I'm going to think about that one. But it's good to know that gift cards would be appreciated and not considered a cop out!! My boys are small still, so it's really hard for me to figure out these teenage boys! They definitely all have hobbies and interests that I'm aware of, but on a $15 -ish budget, it's hard to play to those interests in a significant way. Thanks again!
I have four nephews between the ages of 13 and 19 and this year we're buying (small) Christmas gifts for all of them. I also have three nieces in the same age range, but I think I have them covered (necklaces from Etsy). In the past few years we've drawn names or had homemade Christmas (where you basically make the same thing for everyone, but personalize it) and we usually end up being the lame aunt and uncle and give money or gift cards for birthdays. So I feel like...
I'm usually asleep by 10:00 - sometimes 9:30 and I'm up at 7:00 during the week, 8:30 on the weekends. So I usually get a good 9 hours and sometimes it's really not enough. I tend to fall asleep quickly at night and then sleep like the dead until around 2 or 3 in the morning, then it's touch and go until my alarm goes off. I've been considering an afternoon nap lately, but I'm always afraid I'll sleep past the time to pick up DS1 from school, so I usually don't.
This is baby #3 for me, so you'd think I would have this nailed down by now. But I just have a mental block and can't seem to put together a list of must haves for the first few weeks. This baby will be my first girl, so maybe a change of gender is what's throwing me off? I'm really struggling with making sure I have enough clothing in the right sizes and level of warmth for those first weeks. Do I just want a pile of stretchy sleepers or do I want gowns? ...
Thanks for the replies! I ended up trying a bit and it was like rubber. So I saved a bit for the cat and threw the rest out. About an hour after I started it, I thought I should have just roasted the chicken and used the bones for the stock. But I was following a recipe (well, a couple different recipes) and it said to use the whole chicken. I really don't know why, now that I've thought about it. Next time, I'll be roasting the chicken first. Thanks!