or Connect

Posts by Snow Cherries

I'm VERY new to TF and one of my first "projects" is making chicken stock. I've had a whole chicken simmering for the past 18 hours and I'm getting ready to strain it all and portion up the stock. I kind of combined a few different recipes and I'm confused about whether or not the chicken meat is usable. A couple of the recipes simply say to "strain out the solids and discard," but the one in NT talks about using the chicken meat. I've boiled chicken meat before (just...
Whew! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone at least. I remember one time during my last pregnancy when I went from raging to crying to laughing all in about a 4 minute span. DH thought I was losing my mind. But that was much earlier in the pregnancy - maybe around 8 weeks? Feeling this way so late in the pregnancy and on top of being so physically uncomfortable is making my outlook for the next 11 weeks seem pretty bleak. Hopefully this will be a short phase for us all.
I don't post here much, but thought this issue might have something to do with where I'm at in the pregnancy timeline. I'm 29 weeks along and for the past few days I've been so irrationally irritable and snappy! I feel like I have the worst PMS ever. I'm so moody! The frustrating part is that I KNOW that it's irrational, but I can't stop feeling pissed off at the smallest things. EVERYONE is pissing me off. I just want to lock myself in a room and be alone until...
Thanks! You know, in all the researching and thinking I've done so far, probiotics didn't even occur to me! Any idea on dosages? I already take 8,000 units of D3 each day and 500 - 1,000 mg of SA each day. I have regular/small amounts of vitamins A and E in the multivitamin I take. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I get next to no selenium or zinc in my multi. But thanks! You've given me a place to start!
I will be having a repeat c-section in December. I have had two previous c-sections which I've recovered from just fine. But because of the time of year and the fact that I now already have two little ones at home to care for, I'm worried about becoming too run down before the c-section (and/or after) and I would like to give my body whatever boost I can. I have about 10 weeks to prepare. Does anyone have any suggestions for supplements, exercises, or other...
I'm not sure about the exact location, but I remember my nephew had problems with his saliva glands swelling up every time he got sick (and even sometimes when he wasn't sick). Several doctors dismissed it as regular lymph swelling/appropriate immune response, but then one doctor told my sister-in-law that it was actually the saliva gland and he prescribed . . . . Warheads! He said to give my nephew sour candy several times a day or whenever the glands were swollen or...
I just got one and I love it! I love that I can put my own cleaning solution in and the pad cleans better than my mop! We have a small house, but the entire living area is ceramic tile and I hate dragging out the mop and sloshing water all around. Plus when I mop, it takes forever to dry. I never used the Wet Jet because I didn't know what was in the cleaning solution so this is my first experience with this kind of device. The two best perks so far as far as it's...
We do sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them. I make a whole bunch on Sunday, wrap them individually and then toss them in the freezer. Each weekday, DH just grabs one and by lunchtime they are thawed out, still a bit cool and taste totally fresh. This is a lot easier for me than getting up and making him lunch in the mornings since he's up a couple of hours before me or him doing it himself (he won't and will just end up drinking coffee all day!). It's just a...
I went raspberry picking with DS the other day and we came home with more than I know what to do with. I didn't really think this through ahead of time! Berry picking just sounded like fun! I've already flash frozen 2 pints of the raspberries and made a batch of freezer jam. I probably have at least 6 pints left. I can make more jam and flash freeze a bunch more, but I'd like a little more variety. I think I'll make a raspberry chiffon pie tomorrow and use some...
So my uterus is very obviously centered between my pubic bone and my belly button at 13 weeks. It's not very large/wide - about grapefruit sized like all the books say for around this point, maybe a touch larger. I've always been able to feel my uterus pretty easily in my previous pregnancies and I'm sure that it was never this high up when it was still this small. I can remember feeling it at roughly this size (by feeling the top arc), but it was at least a couple of...