or Connect

Posts by Snow Cherries

I'm experiencing something similar right now. I'm on day 8 of bleeding and had a lot of large clots yesterday. I'm working under the assumption that I'm going through an early miscarriage, but don't know for sure. I have very limited insurance and am hesitant to go in to a doc as well. Here's hoping we both find some answers.
Thanks. I'm just laying low today. My concern right now is what if this isn't a miscarriage - then what else could it be? I think it's a m/c and if it is, I feel comfortable with my plan. I know that unless I suspect some kind of infection, there's nothing a doctor or midwife can really do to help so I'm fine with (and prefer) to handle this on my own. But there's a little part of me that keeps thinking what if this is something else that does need to be...
This past Sunday I began what I believed to be my second PP period (DS2 is 11 months and still nursing, but not exclusively anymore - first PP period was at 8 months PP). It started off pretty normal for me, maybe a little more red flow than usual, but nothing that I thought anything of at the time. However, usually things turn more towards spotting by the fourth day and this time by the fourth day I was still seeing red flow, same on days five and six. I thought this...
DH was exposed to H1N1 at work last week (confirmed) and now he's come down with the flu. I don't know for sure that it's H1N1, but the liklihood is good, and regardless, he feels terrible and I want to help him feel better! In addition to rest and fluids (which in itself is hard - he hates to be "kept down" and keeps trying to get up and be normal) I've been giving him: *8,000 - 10,000 IUs of vitamin D *4000+ mg of SA *B Complex, magnesium, vitamin E, Omega...
When do you decide to see a doc? My DS (age 7) has been sick for over a week now - here's the timeline: Sat (12th) - low grade fever, sniffles Sun - same Mon - same with slight cough Tues - no fever, cold symptoms seem a bit better Wed - no fever, cold symptoms continuing but very mild Thurs, Fri & Sat - same, a bit more improvement (at this point he's behaving totally normal, just the occasional cough/throat clearing/sniffle - as far as I'm concerned, just the...
I have not had my levels checked, but I tend to be more of an "inside" kind of gal. I typically supplement about 3000 - 3800 IU's per day - 5000 if I think I'm coming down with something and throughout a period of illnes. At this level, is my 9 month old nursling getting enough Vit. D through my breastmilk or does he need his own supplementation? He's sick right now (cold + fever) and I'm trying to optimize his nutrition as best I can. He's almost exclusively bf -...
I have a large silver filling in a molar and that molar is cracking around the filling, plus I have a second small cavity in a different part of the same tooth. So in about two weeks I am having the tooth "built up" and a porcelain crown put on the tooth. I know the dentist will have to drill into/around the silver filling to complete this work. I'm not very well read on the whole mercury issue, but I know that it's best to leave silver fillings alone if possible...
I've done a lot of reading/research regarding thyroid/adrenal issues and supplementation lately and have (slowly) begin some supplementation. However, I am not well-read regarding detoxing. I am comfortable with the supplementation that I've begun despite the fact that I have not had any blood/saliva testing done recently (but past TSH tests have always come back at 4.5 or higher). I've been supplementing for approx. 6 weeks now (but I was a bit forgetful during the...
Thanks! I'll give them a call!
There is something wrong with my cat. He's been losing weight and I don't know why. Someone mentioned that it could be worms? Whatever it is, he needs to see a vet, but we cannot afford to pay for a visit right now (or in the foreseeable future). We took him in last year when he got sick and it ended up being over $300! This is our first pet and I had no idea that vet visits would be so expensive. It just wasn't something that occured to me when we were looking at...