or Connect

Posts by rochellep3

would love a chance to try this. I am just about to start vaccinating my teens
I got a pool with my 2nd, and then used our jacuzzi tub with #3 and #4. Really, I like the pool a lot better. Not having the soft bottom was an absolute deal breaker for me. I could NOT get comfy in the jacuzzi tub, despite having bought mats just for the purpose. I sure did like using my hand sprayer though. That almost made up for the hard bottom of the tub.
Wow, I just read this whole thread, and here is this awesome summary right at the end! I wanted to add, or elaborate, that a midwife I was just reading suggested fresh ginger tea for the hot compresses for the perineum during pushing and swears that this substantially reduces tearing. Since that was question relatively recently on this thread.
I think the ap group is actually api-attachment parenting international there is also nino-nine in nine out, a babwearing group that attracts natural types. Also check here on mdc for finding your tribe. We have a great natural moms group here in the phoenix area that started with mdc.
This is my 4th child, second born in the fall. I am totally not motivated to buy any clothes, even though after my recent purging I will probably need some. I did buy a new carseat, and borrowed an infant seat. I bought a new sling (which I did not need, I have so many already!) mostly as a "congratulations your pregnant" gift to myself My cloth diapers are getting ratty, but will suffice for one more newborn. We co-sleep so not a lot of needs there, though I think I...
labor #1-back labor in hospital-shower head directed at my lower back helped the most. Sitting on the toilet. Surrendering. labor#2-home waterbirth-rocking on the birth ball (hula hoop motion), loooow oooopen chanting, hot rice socks applied to tail bone and pubic bone, sitting on the toilet, I slept in the birth tub between contractions during transition labor#3-uc-walking/hanging from dh, jets in the tub directed at my tailbone, and also directly at my vagina,...
Our fishy pool was actually taller than the aqua doula. If you check the stats on those, they are not that tall, only 22" I think. It does seem to me like it would be nice to have one that was more like 28-30" tall, but I don't know where to find one. I guess a tall pool would make it harder for mw/dh to catch the baby...
First, hugs Your baby is still just as likely to come before 42 weeks as it ever was. Standard of care is not to induce before 42 weeks, as long as you are having biophysical profiles, careful monitoring or what not. In any case, hold out as long as possible, because inductions procede much more smoothly the closer you are to your natural birthing time. Second, my sister and I have both been induced, and neither of us used any pain medication. I was induced on my...
Let's answer a few questions for fun! How far along are you? 25 weeks or so How often are you feeling baby? Many times throughout the day. And I can see my tummy move! I was so surprised, because there is a whole lot of fat there too : How are you feeling? I've been feeling pretty good. I've definitely been feeling more pregnant since the temperatures went over 100. I get pretty cranky when the a/c isn't working. Actually, my biggest pregnancy "symptom"...
I used a fishy pool with #2 and our 2 person bathtub/jacuzzi tub with #3. I'd say, whatever you get, make sure it has a padded bottom. I think I am using the jacuzzi tub again this time, and I will be buying one of those inflatable bath mat things to go on the bottom. Also, some fishy pools have more firm sides than others-I saw a really great one online somewhere that had vertical air baffles in the sides. If I were getting another pool, that's the one I would go...