or Connect

Posts by gumshoegirl007

Wishin - I'm so sorry to hear that your DW is having such a rough time.  I know you mentioned birthing issues, maybe I missed it, but what happened (if I can ask)?   Seraf - I love the kid with the push mower...is that O or A? Esher - How's the house hunting coming along?   AFM - Today is my special day with the toddler because daycare is closed.  It's 8:30 am here and she's still sleeping.  So it's been a really nice me time day thus far!   As for your...
It's been such a long time since I've been around these parts of the interwebs (I have a glorious three hours to myself this morning and I need to use most of it to clean the house which WILL get done...right?).  I hope maybe I can squeeze in a little bit more time to chat.  Hello to all the new and old folks on this thread.   DW and I have 3 kids. 1 toddler and 2 teens.   QOTD #1 - I hope to have more time to relax in May. This week, I got to read a magazine on...
It's super cold here (-42 today!), but MUCH warmer in the house .   While we're not formally potty training at night, we have lots of requests to pee which we accommodate.  We've moved to two piece jammies.  Depending on how cold it is outside (and how that effects our overnight household temperature), DD sleeps in cotton two piece jammies or polar fleece/thermal two piece jammies.  She hates socks, so those are a no-go.   She has a big duvet on her bed, and...
We're in the process of potty training our daughter who will be 22 months this week.  I say process, even though she's pretty much there after 2.5 weeks, but I don't want to jinx it ;)   I looked all over the internet for potty training info and tips, and then I stumbled upon Oh Crap. Potty Training.  Now I'm a total convert.  Have a look at it and see if it might work for you.   We pretty much followed Jamie's method to a 'T' (with the exception that we had the...
So I don't know if this is a jurisdictional thing, but donor contracts in Canada don't trump parental rights or rights that are legally enshrined.   When we went to draw up our contract, a few lawyers didn't want to work with us as we were using a known donor and wanted him involved in our kiddo's life.  These lawyers had experience where donor contracts didn't stand up in court, and they won't stand up in court here.  They told us our choice to use a known donor was...
We just started gymnastics for the first time today with our DD who is 17mo.  There's 5 or 6 kids in the class.  Most of the kids are in the 12mo-18mo range with the exception of one who is 2 (and I'd say not early into the age of 2...likely closer to 2.5 or 3).   None of the kids with the exception of the 2 year old were able to follow the instructions.  They couldn't jump or walk along the beam or perform a sequence of activities.  They were having a fantastic time...
Yes!  We discovered that we had a posterior tongue tie at around 3-4 weeks of age.  We didn't get it lasered.   Aside from the initial latching issues and mastitis soon after my milk came in, breastfeeding went okay for us.  That's once we got the baby back onto the breast that is.  And it was once she was nursing again that was when we discovered the posterior tongue tie.  The baby was nursing well, gaining weight, and the only issue was that nursing was...
I don't think your DD is exceptionally early, but she's not also late.  I read somewhere that the 1 year molars usually make their appearance beginning around 13 months.   In our case, my DD got both of her first teeth (bottom incisors) at 5 months.  The left one poked through one day, and the right tooth the very next day.  Over the next few months, her other teeth began to show up but it was slower.  At a year, she had 8 teeth and holding.  Actually, she's been...
AHope - Sorry to hear about L's head bonk.  Poor kiddo.  I know that head bonks are par for the course, but it doesn't make them any less scary!  We've had a couple of douzies if it makes you feel any better.  There was the time A. launched herself out of her pack n' play, and she rolled off the bed once (ooops, twice), and she was sitting on my lap on the couch and she launched herself backwards before I could catch her.  I'm mostly worried about when A. falls while...
We started signing to the baby around 6 or 7 months.  We were so excited to sign with her.  And then it took forever to get it going.  Up until now (at 14 months) she's been pretty fixated on gross motor skills and has only really started to blossom in the language department in the last month.  She totally understands what we're saying to her and will go and do what we ask, but isn't necessarily able to communicate back to us, which results in a lot of tempertantrums....