or Connect

Posts by gabbyraja

If it's in a pipe coming from the meter would the utility fix it? Might be worth a call.
lol, I was just back here looking for an old thread about mattresses and saw this. I read through it again, and BOY those were the days. Turns out aniT had it on the head. I did some REMARKABLE things to change our diets and our health. It isn't until I look back at things like this that I realize how far we've come. First, there was an unrecognized allergy to onions and garlic. When we got rid of them everybody's health and mostly mental state improved dramatically! And...
I understand. I wanted to go back now, too, but... I have to wait as I simply can't afford it otherwise.Besides, I do want to stay home and do homeschooling with the kiddos, and the youngest is only 2, so... It'll be a while until I need to use a Master's degree anyway... Dh makes just over $20,000/yr for a family of 7.  
Justmama, do you know if there is an IDA program near you? Maybe 211 could tell you? IDA is individual development account. It's a long-term thing, but it could help you pay for that CNA class. Our program goes like this: You have 3 choices-house, education, starting a business. You save $1,000 over the period of at least 6 months up to indefinitely. Once you've saved the thousand they match it with $200 or $300, depending on what it's for (house gets a $3000 match,...
Congrats and GL Zebra! Condolences to those feeling down this season.   I am full of hope for the new year. I think my last post may have been about us buying a house and getting out of the city. Which was wonderful. However, our landlord charged us over $3000 in lease breaking fees and final rent, then tried to charge us another $2000 in "damages". Luckily, I was smart enough to take detailed video of the place before we left, so I sent them a letter that said,...
11 and 9
Hmm... I didn't really think about whether or not they care what other kids think about them, or if they do well. I just assumed. Don't all kids care about doing well and what other kids think of them? I guess not! Maybe I'd better figure that out, huh?
I have an unschooler dilemma. Both of my oldest children have expressed a desire to take some classes at our local public school. They are 4th and 6th grade. The school has an "arts rotation" with classes in Art, Music, Gym, Media/Tech and Spanish; 1 each day of the week. They want to take all the classes, however I anticipate there will be some issues with at least Spanish. They are not at "grade level" for reading and writing. It's not been an integral thing so...
zenni optical! http://www.zennioptical.com/  Glasses as low as $15, I usually get myself 2 pair at a time for less than $60, including shipping. Really cool-looking styles, too. You just need your script that the eye dr gives you. I highly recommend them.  
Sorry I haven't been here in forever. We've had about the busiest spring/summer of our lives. Consequently, I have a good update. I posted back in Feb or so about looking for a house. We found one and closed a couple of weeks ago. We're doing some light reno now (ripping out fake wood paneling and putting up dry wall, painting, putting in some cork flooring in the basement, etc) and will move in in about 3 weeks. We'll be saving $400/month after moving out of this...