or Connect

Posts by gabbyraja

Hmmmm... Hadn't thought about that. I've sent an email. We shall see.
I do not charter or online school. We're mostly unschoolers.   I called the local school this morning and left a message. The secretary called me right back and said she honestly didn't know. She advised me to call the food services dept. I left a message there, too. I don't know if I'll make any ground there, but I will try Zebra's suggestion, tomorrow when there are likely to be knowledgeable supervisors around. You're always such a wealth of ideas Zebra. Thanks!
I have a reminder set to do that tomorrow. I'll post back here with anything they say. Apparently they receive more funding for every child signed up for free lunches, so I would guess that if there was any question they would err o the side of approval rather than denial...
To clarify, I do not intend to actually use the school lunches, just get the letter.
I NEED the $10 internet service, or I'm going to have to go without for the better part of a year and with 5 homeschool kids that do half of their work online that's going to be impossible. But, my ISP says you HAVE to have an actual approval letter/form for free school lunch in order to get the service. We receive food assistance (SNAP) benefits, which automatically qualifies us for free school lunches (this did not sway the ISP on needing the approval...
Sorry this is so off topic, but i put it here because the budgetary issue, parent-at-home during the day issue, and 24/7 on duty issue, as well as finding friends outside of the HS circles bit, seem to make more sense here than elsewhere. I am shy with something somewhat like social anxiety. I am not great at making friends, and have no close friends. I have 5 small children, whom I am with 24 hours a day, which is my biggest barrier to finding anyone with whom I have...
Sure. We ended up getting fruit flies in our wk and pitched it. I saved the grains and froze them, hoping that would kill any eggs that might be in there. We will be moving in a few weeks and I just gave it up until after we move. Then I will deal with it. It worked very well. I had it in a big glass beverage dispenser. About once a week I would pour in some new water and sugar and give it a little stir. That was it. I was making ginger water kefir in flip top bottles...
Oh, also, it has a fireplace (They have it boarded up and obviously haven't used it in a while). We wouldn't have cared if it didn't have one or did have one, but I LOVE fireplaces. Is there any way at all, even if it's only used a few times a year, to do anything to it (I've heard "insert" a lot, but don't really know what it is or what it costs), to make it so we could actually use it in a semi-efficient manner? I wouldn't expect to use it for efficient heat, just to...
The homeowners wouldn't fill the pool, so we kept looking. Good thing, because we found something else that's wonderful! The next door neighbors have horses, and it's literally 3 houses down from a petting farm!   It has gas hot water for heat. I don't rally know anything about this kind of heat... We had it in an apartment, and it was VERY good at heating, and we didn't get bloody noses all winter. But, heat was included there, so I don't know: is it very efficient?...
I'm having this same dilemma. I live in mid-MI, and outside the city there is a corn field (guaranteed round-up ready) every few freaking feet. I have to live with the fact that I will be near chemicals, because there is NOWHERE that is not. I'm staying away from the airport, major highways, and being absolutely SURROUNDED by fields. That's the best that I can do. If it's a mile away and there are trees between us and it, that's the best I can find. The house we really...