or Connect

Posts by gabbyraja

Also, my women's resource enter has child care for free during your classes for low-income students (I think they train the child development students there). I haven't taken advantage, because I HS so my older kids wouldn't exactly fit there during the day with the toddlers, lol. But, it's something to look into anyway, if yours has one, as they probably have after school care if your kids are in school...
Mom31: Dh and I are back in school. I graduated with a bachelor's in 03, but ended up hating the career choice. I'm very naturally minded, and love the "healing arts". There is an excellent massage program at my local community college and I am set to finish next year. It's a 2 yr program, not requiring any of the usual MACRAO agreement classes that I've already completed, so I am literally starting over. However, because I already have a 4-yr degree I am not eligible...
Plus, if you have a Target REDcard you save another 5%. You don't have to have the credit card, either. You can get a REDcard debit card (no credit check) and link it to your bank account. It works like your own debit card, but gets you the discount. Stack that with your coupons and get a great deal.
I am pretty sure I got the overage at Meijer a couple of weeks ago. However, I was using a "Free ham" and "Free Balloon Time" coupon, and the value was too high. They said you can only use up to $10 off. But I think they let me because it was just before Xmas. Manager overrode it, and I got the rest of my things for free. And now that PP said something about Walmart I think I'll check them out!
GL!
Easy peasy. She had to fill out her own app, but we were all members of her household on the app, and she put on the form that she shops and fixes meals separately. This way they give her more than if she were just to be added to ours (Our caseworker told us this and told us to do it, so it's not like it's underhanded or anything). She is assigned to the same caseworker we have because she is a member of our household. 
Congrats to those doing better so far this year than last, and to Averysmomma for the pgcy!   Frugalmama, I ask only because I had to have someone ask me before I REALLY thought about it. Have you considered walking away from the house and renting? When it's falling down around your ears, and you're at constant risk of losing it anyway, and you're probably quite upside down on it... We were 3 yrs ago, and someone asked me if I'd really thought about why I was hanging...
Can you explain WHY they would care how many of the same coupon you're using? They get paid for them either way, right? I don't understand many of the store policies regarding coupons.   I didn't know they changed their policies just to be featured on the show...
I saw on another episode of extreme couponing that one family sends their expired coupons to some friends in the military, as they can use them for up to 3 months after expiration at the commissary. Does anyone know if there is a way to donate expired coupons to military, assuming this is universal on all bases?
If you have any awesome coupon ideas, whether you learned them on tv or otherwise, please share. Mine is spectacular.   I am addicted to that extreme couponing show. For some reason I can't stop watching it. Of course, I heavily criticize the psuedo-foods they are buying, and try to figure out how I can apply anything they do to my life, where I cook most everything from scratch and buy lots of things from the farmer's market and directly from the farm.   Then,...