or Connect

Posts by gabbyraja

There was, but it came back almost a year ago.
I want to resurrect this old thread to thank Pat, and others. I just posted looking for this exact sort of info for my mil. She is of the "do whatever a doctor tells you to do" generation, so I believe she will half-heartedly take my advice (for which she has asked) and will take the chemo and whatever else an invasive dr tells her to do. I will do what I can, keep my fingers crossed for her, and be here to comfort (and bolster the stressed health of) my dh and...
For thrush: I have tried literally everything, including 3 straight months of diflucan, homeopathics, and every natural treatment there is. A combo of Threelac internally and coconut oil on my nipple externally works EVERY TIME and lasts for longer than anything else has. I also have to limit my sugar, but I can get by with a candy bar every day. I could never have done that before. More than that and I'll start getting prickly nipples and/or other yeast symptoms. I'll...
I do think Mag would help you. However, I'd start really slowly. Your skin absorbs things as well as your gut, even better if your gut doesn't function optimally. You can buy or make magnesium oil, or simply add epsom salts to your bath. About 1/2 cup to your bath, hottest water you can stand for as long as you can stand it, is a good starter. Adding sea salt (NOT iodized, the REAL sea salt, pink or gray colored, usually called Himalayan or Celtic, from the HFS) will...
My mil was diagnosed today. I know a lot and have already pointed her to a myriad of resources. But, there have to be things I don't know. So, throw it my way.
They're a very rich source of Omega 3s. We put them in smoothies and salads.
Hi Fnord. I started reading your post and thought "She's got thyroid issues and needs magnesium." Lo and behold, in the net paragraph you mention the thyroid issues. I have done more research about the psychological effects of nutritional deficiencies than anyone I've ever known/see/heard of.   1. GET OFF SYNTHROID and ON ARMOUR THYROID. Find a Dr that will do this for you. DOs (Doctors of Osteopathic) are more likely to do this than Endos or MDs. Have a friend or...
FYI, not really going to help anyone here (unless you're in mid-MI), but I was in a pawn shop and got into a discussion about facial twitches being a sign of a Magnesium deficiency and that mag is a natural muscle relaxant, etc. Then he asked me if I had any other natural tips (and BOY DO I!) and I mentioned raw honey before bed for melatonin. Then one of his employees piped in with a comment on maple syrup. I said, "Yeah, I found this supplier and bought in bulk." He...
This was the email I got from nutiva today:   This week’s Nutiva Tuesday Deal is a 1 Gallon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (SRP $87.99) and a 14oz White Chia Seed (SRP $12.99) on sale, one day only, for the Crazy prize of $44.99. (Cannot be combined with other Nutiva Coupons or Offers.)   Says can't be combined with coupons or offers, however, I was able to use a $10 coupon on the website and I got the free shipping offer on orders over $30. I do not know if they will...
This is the email I got from John at Learning Herbs today:   Hello!   We're SUPER excited.   Not only are we just around the corner from our weekly Holiday HerbMentor News series, we have a FREE webinar for you!   Herbalist and author Susun Weed will be joining us for a free webinar that travels where most don't dare to go...   DOWN THERE!   This is for both women AND men.   Susun will cover... How to approach sexual and reproductive health...