or Connect

Posts by gabbyraja

I was thinking the switch on the outside of the furnace. I'm so home illiterate that I actually called a repairman and he just flipped the switch. I felt very stoooopid.
I no-poo, but with my new pretty cut/style I need hairspray. I've been hating that I broke out my 8 yr old, almost-empty, can of hairspray and have used it 3 times(gasp!). So, I decided to look up a make-at-home recipe that would be healthier for myself and family. I found 2. I hope this helps one of you frugal moms (though most truly frugal moms probably don't get hair cuts from pros that require hairspray, I suppose... I'm a work in...
Congrats to you and dh!   I don't know of a comcast deal for adult students, but here's the one for families with kids that qualify for free school lunches. http://www.internetessentials.com/
Zebra, I got my 1-800-homeopathy email newsletter today and they had a link for "Seasonal depression". I thought of you.   http://www.1-800homeopathy.com/news/article/read/relieving-seasonal-sadness-homeopathically
If you add beeswax you would be able to keep it at room temp without it melting. Here's a lip balm recipe we use (we use a lot of lip balm, and it gives the glossy appearance dd is always wanting, too). I have been waiting to try it w/the baking soda plus tea tree/lavendar, or sandalwood, etc EOs for deodorant.   http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/newsletter/06/lip_balm.php
Let me give a little more info. I took band classes for 6 years. I played the recorder, clarinet, then the flute. I'm perfectly comfortable with reading music, scales and that sort of thing (though some printouts and some instruction on HOW to teach it well would be nice), and with wind instruments. However, none of the kids are interested in winds, of course. Now, while I wouldn't expect ds to learn the violin from a video, I WOULD expect him to mess around with SOME...
I'm looking for an excellent music curriculum. I've got 5 kids aged 1 to 10. The older kids want to learn things like violin and drums, the little ones are far enough off that I don't need to worry too much yet. We do have a HS co-op for music classes/band, but for several reasons it just didn't work out for us at this time. The kids still have a great interest in music, but violin lessons are absolutely out of the question financially. I guess I'm hoping there's some...
Well, everyone's well now, and I didn't even care when I got that great news! Nope, no parenting classes or anything. We're DONE!
Well, I waited for her all the next day, then called. She said she'd be out to see the pack n play on Fri, but no-showed. I just waited, keeping it immaculate in here. Then this Thur I wrenched my shoulder and three of the kids got sick and things kind of fell apart a little. So, I decided to stop waiting and called her to ask her to please just come out so we can get this over with. She called back and left me a message. I saved it and will never delete it. She decided...
masiascl~ yay feeding your family! Keep it up! :)   mylilmonkeys~GL to dh in his last semester and in the job hunt.   I think I posted a "woe is me" post earlier in this thread. We were getting one step forward and 2 back and were never going to be able to get a house before our non-renewable lease was up in April. Well, looks like we may have taken 3 forward! We've had something sitting around the house for almost the entire year that we simply couldn't sell....