or Connect

Posts by lilikoi

Great read!     http://proof.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/17/visualizing-change/
Aloha,   I am looking for some like minded moms and dads to start a small co-op or child care exchange starting in January 2013. I live in St. Louis Heights and work part time. The idea is to meet Monday-Wed-Fridays from 8-12pm. I used to be part a co-op in Manoa with 3 other families and it was wonderful. Most of the kids started preschool this school year so we had to stop. PM me if you are interested. 
I get why you feel like that. I do too. I was a teenager when I moved into the US and still have a slight accent when I speak English. The first thing people ask me when they meet me is where I am from. It just makes me feel singled out. I know it is not that person's fault, but because it happens so often, I am just tired of it. When I tell them where I was born, then I am often asked if I dance samba or play soccer. Does every Brazilian actually knows how to do these...
I just shared it on my fb. This bike looks awesome!
I did a quick google search and found this:     http://www.hemoglobinhometest.com/the-starter-kit/   I hope you can move to Guam. You should be able to live without the fear of being reported by a health care provider. It would be hard for me to live in a place that I have to think twice of getting help for my child, but sometimes we don't have a choice.
I have a super high needs toddler. She is almost 2 now and until she was 18 months old, she woke up every hour. I was in terrible shape. I tried night weaning when she was 14 months, but couldn't go through it after a few nights of hysterical crying. I slowly night weaned her after she turned 18 months. It took almost a month but now she is sleeping through the night (still waking up a few times and putting herself back to sleep). I started with blocking 4 hours without...
And I really won't even go there! Do you know why? I will have to read the original study, then other studies that one cited. I am not even that familiar with twin births to begin with. This is not what this thread is all about. However, if I was pregnant with twins, I would dig deep into the research and my hcp would do too (and she's already experienced with this), so it would be a great thing finding out what works for me and see what my options are. I am not here to...
Thank you for this. This is exactly why I get noxious every time I read one of her posts. And just for the record, they really should teach a class (maybe more than one), on ethics, patients rights, and analysis of scientific data. Maybe they already do but it didn't sink in.  If you don't know what kind of data go into a meta-analysis, you don't know what is coming out! I deal with this on the every day basis and it shocks me that someone would not read current...
  “Evidence-based medicine is a systematic process of appraising and using current research findings. It is a step-by-step process that includes: formulating a clear clinical question of patient needs; searching the current literature; evaluating the literature, deciding which studies are valid and useful to the patient; applying the findings to the patient's care; and then evaluating the outcome.” http://library.hsc.unt.edu/content/library-glossary (bolded...
Oh, no. I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. I apologize. I was trying to tell you to read the papers other have provided and also the ones you also provided.  It didn't seem like you understood them since in some of their recommendations were misinterpreted by you. Please read them! Others here have already tried to tell you this but I don't think you are open minded enough. And no, I don't think these organizations are wrong. Their recommendations are...