or Connect

Posts by lilikoi

I agree with PP. That is a long time to go without eating.
I have been doing something similar. When she wakes up (we co-sleep) I lay down and put her on top of me. When she is done, she rolls away from me and falls asleep on her own. The issue is that she still wakes up a lot to nurse like this. Sometimes every 30 minutes. Now I try to pat her down and rock her if she wakes up in less than 1hr. She fusses a lot, but it works 70% of the time.  I had to ask  DH to sleep in a different room every night. Having him in the same...
Hi, OP here. My DD is 10 months now. She still wakes up a lot. Most nights she is up every hour, on good nights every 2 hrs. But now she is able to nurse side lying and I am more used to it. It is amazing what you get used to. I am still very tired, but not as bad as when it started. Everyone told me it would stop happening, but it hasn't. I hope things change for you. I tried the tips on the NCSS, but nothing really helped and it ended up being a lot more work for me...
I will join in! My DD is almost 9 months. I am actually laying next to her right now so she can nap a little longer. I have to say, the hardest thing for me is having family members with easy babies. They all think DD is spirited because of something I did. I used to feel horrible. She wakes up every hour all night long and has been doing since she was 5 months old. ILs used to tell me to just put her down while she was sleepy but still awake and not nurse her to sleep....
I had a similar issue a few months ago. The difference was that the milk defrosted almost entirely. Here is the thread I started. I decided to use the milk. I was supper careful about smelling and tasting it before I made a bottle. DD reacted to it. She stopped sleeping, was super fussy during the day and was having major spit ups. I stopped giving it to her and tossed the milk. You can say that maybe what was happening to her was a coincidence. I don't know. It made me...
AlyssaH: I just wanted to share with you what happened to me. My DD had a tongue tie and I saw 8 different LCs before I found a person who helped me. I specifically asked them about tongue ties and some told me DD didn't have it others that clipping a tt is too controversial so better try nursing without the clip. In order to deal with the pain a LC suggested a nipple shield. IT helped in the beginning but it drove my milk supply down. By the time my DD was 4 months old...

My DD was exactly like this at this age. It was hard! Time was the only thing that helped. After almost 2 months of this she started napping for 1 1/2 in the am and pm. Now at almost 8 months she takes 3 1hr naps. In my situation I think there was nothing I could had done differently. She just needed to grow out of it. 
LOL. The other day a good friend said she was so tired. I asked her if she couldn't sleep the night before and she said "No, I slept 10 straight hours, but I just feel tired". I wanted to punch her, but instead I just said "Wait until you have a baby then we can talk about being tired". She is TTC now so it should be sooner than later. :)
My DD used to go every 2-4 days when she was 8 weeks old. When it happened it was like you described. HUGE! One time it happened when we were out and I had to change her on the floor. It got all over me and her. Now at almost 8 months she goes every day like clock work.