or Connect

Posts by lilikoi

I would not worry about it. What you described is very normal. 
I am right there with you! My DD is 7 1/2 months and since she turned 4 months she started waking up every hour at night. Sometimes she fusses and doesn't ant to go back down.  I am so tired during the day that it is really hard to work. I also read the NCSS and tried the techniques, but things still the same. DH has a really hard time with the situation and thinks we should be trying harder. In the middle of the night all I want to do is go back to sleep. I can't think...
Thank you ladies for the replies. This is exactly what I was looking for. I will email the meta-analysis to my ped. She always welcomes a good debate! 
I cannot find info on this anywhere. When I search older threads I only find old posts about adult flu shots. Nothing about flu shots for babies. I am sure it has been debated a lot here. Can you point me in the right direction? I have researched all other vaccines, but for some reason it never crossed my mind giving this to DD. During the last visit with the ped, she strongly suggested the flu shot for DD. I said "no thanks", but DH now is bugging me about it. I...
Here is something that may help you: http://apps.who.int/immunization_monitoring/en/globalsummary/countryprofileresult.cfm?C=mex
I go to Mexico every summer because my research is there. I actually got pregnant there last year and moved back to the US when I was 5 months pregnant. A couple months ago, I went again and this time took DD with me (she was 5 months at the time). I did a lot of research on this because she had no shots before the trip and I was trying to decide what to do. I don't have a lot of time right now to look up the sources I used, but I will try to get back to this thread...
Kanna-- That's the reason why to me it seems like you are pushing an agenda here. You don't ever refer to the studies posted by others who have shown the outcomes of homebirth to be quite different from what you keep stating. I just read this thread and that was my first impression. Hope that helps you understand why this conversation can strike a bad note for some people.  
From the Dr. Sear's link the PP posted above:  Generally, the American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend the use of goat's or cow's milk products in infants under one year because they can cause intestinal irritation and anemia. Infants under one year of age who are allergic to cow's milk-based formulas, soy formulas, or hypoallergenic formulas are sometimes put on goat's milk formula, but only with consultation from baby's doctor or a pediatric...
FTM = first time mom?
She started waking up all the time at 4 months. I was traveling with her and I could hear her rolling inside the portable crib right before she woke up. I think it started because she was learning how to roll. The thing is, it hasn't stop since. I don't hear her rolling over anymore. She wakes up crying already. I stopped eating dairy and soy thinking it could be a food allergy. When she wakes up, she will nurse for about 10-15 minutes. She won't let me put her down...