or Connect

Posts by lilikoi

I also thought it was gas, then I thought it was teething, but nothing has changed. She still wakes up every hour (sometimes every 30 minutes). It has been horrible. I am so sleep deprived. I read the No Cry Sleep Solution again and I am trying to make some changes, but my gut feeling tells me there is no much I can do. The worse thing about the whole situation is family pressure. Everyone has their own opinion on how we should be dealing withe the situation. Hope things...
How about trying a white noise machine like this? I also live in a tiny place so I am considering getting one.
How about taking domperidone? I know you can't get it locally but you can get it shipped. My DD had a posterior TT clipped at 4 and 1/2 months. My supply was super low even after we got it clipped. I tried fenugreek and blessed thistle and didn't see an increase. Donmperidone was the only thing that helped.
I just flew by myself with my baby (8 different flights total) in 1 month. She was 4 and 1/2 months when we left. This blog helped me a ton:   http://flyingwithchildren.blogspot.com/   What I learned:   Carry very little on- I had one backpack and baby in a sling  
I had a water birth in rental apartment 6 months ago. We are just getting ready to move to another rental. We won't be able to buy a house for a couple years. I was just talking to DH today that the only sad thing about leaving this place is the fact that DD was born here. We still have her placenta in the freezer and we decided to bury it in a beautiful park in the mountains, so we can always take her there and tell her about it. 
That's wonderful news!
My sister is a L&D nurse  and she said there is no way they can turn you away. If you are in labor, they have to take you in. I also wanted to tell you that I had to apply for medicaid and they denied me 3 times with a bunch of BS reasons. I got really mad and wrote them a certified letter with all the dates and copies of all documents they sent me. I told they they were endangering my health and my unborn child's health by denying me care. About 4 days later I received...
I don't think of sleep as linear. I was prepared for sleep regressions and rough nights, but two months with very little sleep is taking a toll on me. I can't focus and work has become very difficult. I was hoping there was something I could do to help DD wake up less. Just listening to other people telling me that it will get better helps a lot. I see a light in the end of this tunnel.      Thanks for the reply! I thought that by waiting it out things would resolve...
My DD used to sleep 5-6 hr stretches until she turned 4 months old and all went to hell. I read a lot about sleep regressions and developmental changes that happen during that time, so I wasn't worried. Yeah, the lack of sleep was horrible, but I thought I could just wait it out (at that time she was waking up every 2 hrs). At five months she learned how to roll around and since then she wakes up every hour. I thought she would start sleeping longer again because she...
I am on the exact same boat! I could had written your post, except for the allergy issues. My DD is trying hard to eat from my plate. I was eating a mango and she got a hold of it and sucked the juice from my fingers. Last week I let her have some avocado because she was trying to get a hold of some while we were having dinner. She is my first and I was only going to introduce solids after 6 months, but I think she is ready and I am going to let her lead the way. What I...