or Connect

Posts by lilikoi

Our ped clipped DD's posterior TT with scissors. It bled quiet a bit and she nursed right away. I think it was more traumatizing to me and DH though because of  all the blood. I didn't feel any difference right away with the latch, but a week later she was nursing much better. I do remember my ped explaining that we would see a Y shaped gap on the base of her tongue. She asked us to come back to the office 2 days later for her to check the wound. DD was very cranky for 2...
Thanks for the replies. The link was super useful. After reading everything, I decided I am going to use the milk. I will do the smell/taste test before feeding it to her. I am also taking domperidone which I can buy over the counter here. Hopefully my supply will increase and I can stop supplementing her. Thanks again!
My 5 month old DD has to be supplemented once a day (5-8oz). I have supply issues due to an undiagnosed tongue tie. It took 4 months and 8 lactation professionals to find out what was wrong. If I don't supplement, she doesn't gain any weight. I have tried everything the past 5 months to bring my supply up with no luck.   I had to travel out of the country for work and planned on bringing donated breast milk with me frozen in dry ice. I carried a cooler with me on the...
I am in Oahu, but I felt like I should respond. I saw 8 different LC and only Dr. Sylvia Pager was able to help me. She is a pediatrician and also a LC. My baby had a tongue tie that was hard to see and after 4 horrible months I went to see Dr. Pager and she figured it out and clipped it. My baby will be 5 months tomorrow and is breastfeeding like a champ. Good luck mama. I hope you get this solved soon. Let us know if you find someone in Maui. If not, it will be totally...
We saw Dr. Pager last week! The day after I posted here we went to see her and she was wonderful. She spent 2hrs with us trying to figure out what was wrong. Things are a lot better now. 
What a great article! I just read this entire thread and it helped me so much. Just wanted to send a big your way. I am going through the same thing and it is hard. 
Thank you so much ladies for all your comments and support. It means a lot to me. I am using a nipple shield right now because it is the only way she will latch on but I know it is hurting my supply because she doesn't get a good seal. I am going to follow one of the suggestions and look for a ENT in my area to see if she also has a tongue tie. I thought she did in the first months, but all the LCs I saw said she didn't. Honestly, I think they just didn't have the...
I suspect my baby has a tongue tie that is a bit hard to diagnose. I am looking for a ear nose and throat doctor in the area that can take a look at her. Thanks for any help you can give!
I am still nursing on demand, but she is very hungry after most feedings. The only times she is full after she nurses are in the middle of the night and early mornings. I have been pumping after she nurses, but is just for the stimulation since I can't get much out. I started using a nipple shield by the LC's recommendation at 5 weeks PP. It helps, but she still cannot get a seal and clicks when she nurses.   
I have a 3 and 1/2 months baby girl. I always imagined myself breastfeeding even before I got pregnant. I had a peaceful home birth with a fantastic midwife. From the beginning we had issues BF. I am not going to go into all the details, but I have seen 6 different lactation consultants since she was born and only the last one figured out the baby has a high palate causing her not to be able to latch on properly. My supply plunged. I tried everything (and still trying...