or Connect

Posts by lilikoi

I am expecting my first baby in a couple months and I am still reluctant on what type of sleeping arrangements to make. I was hoping someone in the forum would be able to help me out. I live in a tiny one bedroom apartment and my bed is small. There is no way we can get a bigger bed because we wouldn't be able to open our closet door. I thought the best option would be to get a Arms Reach Mini Co-Sleeper and have that right next to our bed, so if things get too tight,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lynsage It sounds to me like there's a lot more going on with her than just not agreeing with your choices. My best friend is a pediatrician and she doesn't take it as a personal attack on her that I home birthed and I don't vaccinate my daughter, for pete's sake! There are PLENTY of people who work in health care that respect other people's choices and don't think they know everything just because they are health...
Thanks again for all the replies and great insights. I feel a lot better now even though my sister is not talking to me. Hopefully we will reconnect when she is in a better state of mind and is willing to be open to all the information available on HB.
Quote: Originally Posted by AAK Is there a nice way to say back, "the research is available--I think you're crazy to make choices without reading it". Probably not, but seriously. . . I have been known to tell people that I would be willing to discuss it if they were willing to have an open mind and read some of the research. I didn't expect them to agree with me (even after reading it) but they at least needed to know that I didn't make the decision...
Sorry if this is too long. I am 16 weeks pregnant and I have a sister who is 12 weeks and on bed rest for the past month. She is a RN who works in L&D. When I first told her I was planing a home birth, she exploded and told me I was crazy that she had seen enough complications blablablahhh. I told her I have read the research and I was happy to share it with her. She refused to even listen and completely shut down. She believes my decision is a personal attack on her...
Hey everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am expecting my first child Jan 27. I am planing a home birth. I'm excited to join this group and share what is to come with other people who are due around the same time. Glad to be here!