or Connect

Posts by j.e.n

Oooh. Fun! I'm willing to give this a try (albeit a modified version!)   1.  Who are you?  I'm a homeschooling, part-time WAHM of four kiddos 5 and under.   2.  What are your goals for this month?  Umm, my goals are SUPER low bar. I'm going to aim for one full session per week. Anything above that will be golden!    3.  Tell us a bit about the place of yoga, and a yoga home practice, in your life.  I first started practicing yoga about 20 years ago as a...
Hi mama.   avismama24 and Tigermama offered good advice. As a mother of multiples, I just want to note that even though we experience parenting multiples, it doesn't mean that we don't understand the struggles of singletons as well. You are allowed to feel overwhelmed and frustrated just like everyone else. :o) I have friends that always feel bad expressing if they have rough days because I have twins. It actually helps to know that struggles arise despite the...
Are you looking to curb the running because you would prefer they don't do it in general or out of your concern for a potential injury?   Like many of the previous posters commented, I also let my kids run and occasionally participate too. I request that it mainly happens in our family room which is the largest room in our house (however, it still occurs elsewhere!). It seems like it is a natural activity with children, especially when younger siblings try to keep up...
Hey mama!   I'm not sure how detailed you would like the list to be or if you already have some of these items ... take what you need & disregard the rest.   Materials & Resources: - several main lesson books (large, unlined, square or rectangular) - paper for drawing/writing (any will do, unlined, one large pad suggested for form drawing) - watercolor painting paper, paintbrush, paint, painting boards - blackboard (one for you to do lessons, a second...
Hey mama,   First off, sending you a giant (((hug))). This is a crazy, stressful time. My heart goes out to you since very few people understand what kind of decisions you are being forced to consider and making the final call to do one thing or another puts a ridiculous amount of pressure on you.   I had mono-mono twins from the get-go, so I completely understand that aspect of your pregnancy. My best advice for you is to follow your gut. You know your body, and...
Hey there!! Just wanted to drop in that I'd be interested in a book group too! If anything ever manifests. :-)
I know this is 2 weeks old...but I just had to tell you all how comforting I found this thread to be. It's nice to know that other mamas find the toddler stage can be just as challenging as the newborn stage. I just told my DH the other day that I just really had no idea that having my twins would be this hard ... this much ... for this long. And I completely agree that singleton moms/friends just don't fully understand. We are our own breed! :-) Sending smiles to each...
Oh ColoradoMama626,  I haven't been in the mothering forums for quite some time...but I saw this thread and read your post. My heart aches for you. Indeed this is a unique journey. My older children were 4 and 2 when my babies were born (they are now nearly 1 1/2). My oldest daughter and I have the same bond and connection as you described you have with yours. To be honest, some moms find that it gets incredibly easier within just a few months. For me personally, I...
oh sweet amanda leigh.   we are kindred spirits. :o) i have twin girls. they were also early - 7 weeks. vent. vent away. i honestly think that only other multiple moms can even remotely understand the struggles, stress and chaos that we experience. "oh, you think YOUR day is crazy with a SINGLETON?!?!" lol!   yes - the adjusted age thing totally blows. i actually have told my DH that i think we should just lie and tell people what their adjusted age is rather...
I had preemie twins - and I had a similar scenario except both of my babies had trouble nursing. I would concur with what some of the other gals mentioned. I was bound and determined to wean them off bottles because I was losing my sanity having to pump and wash everything! :o) I spoke with a LLL leader and her suggestion was to really push the breast for every feeding - which did work for us after about a week. But that is just my experience. ;-) I would agree with the...