or Connect

Posts by j.e.n

OMG... lesliesara63 you are INSPIRING!!! I hope your friends and family are lifting you up in praise! BF-ing three is incredible!!
Hmmmm... this is a tough one! Firstly, congratulations! Secondly, big hugs on enduring the NICU experience right now. Thirdly, KUDOS for pumping around the clock and thinking of others while doing so!! :o)   Like ~Adorkable~, I also had twins. Mine are almost 4 months old. They were born at 33 weeks and were discharged at 37. When we left the NICU, they were breastfeeding but not exclusively like I had hoped. So, I continued to breastfeed and bottle (which obviously...
Totally and completely agree with katelove and KTProvi!!   I nursed and/or cuddled my oldest for naps until she weaned at 3! Well, to elaborate, she nursed either before a nap or to fall asleep for a nap as she got older. And there was always cuddling before, and until #2 arrived, many, many, many naps were just taken together. :o)   For me personally, I LOVED it. And now that I've had three more children, I truly miss the ability to just cuddle one child with...
I would concur with the others that said 0-1. For the pure fact of having no idea what you are doing!! My husband and I now laugh at how easy it was with just one baby with our four kids four and younger! :o)    I had no idea what I was doing at first - no clue how challenging a high-needs baby was going to be with constant on-demand nursing and getting used to not being able to do anything without a production, etc, etc. After baby #2 arrived, we were already used...
Similar to the other ladies, I never weighed myself when I wasn't concerned about my weight either. However, after my third pregnancy (with twins!), I'm a little more obsessed with the number. Like  anjsmama and CI Mama, the number on the scale shouldn't affect me so much - but it always does. For some reason the weight melted away very quickly after my first two pregnancies, and this time I'm just irritated with the body changes I have. I guess I wouldn't care as much...
Hi mamas!   Curious if any of you would be willing to share your favorite home yoga DVDs??? I have a CD that I've used for years and I am interested in switching it up with a good DVD (or DVDs). Recently I purchased one that isn't exactly what I was hoping so I'm on the prowl.   Thought I'd see if any of you would be willing to share what you use and enjoy! :o)
Omigosh ... I haven't tried it, but reading through your post made me curious about both of the DVDs you mentioned.   Tell me more about this 30 day shred.   And if you get the abs DVD, please post your thoughts!! After my third pregnancy with twins ... let's just say things are NOT where they should be. I need something for my core!! If I relax my gut I could easily look 4-5 months pregnant. It's so depressing. I'm having a hard time after this pregnancy. After...
Me too!! You can cross off SD! ;-)   Once you have enough participants, would we send out cards in staggered mailings so we don't have to do all of them at once?   There was this cool group that doesn't do the projects anymore - but you can still check out the site if you want: http://www.creativepostcardclub.com/home.html It wasn't geared to kids, but it was still a similar concept.
I'm the only one in my house too. My DH is "mostly" vegetarian but loves to eat bacon on the weekends and if we eat out he will order meat. Our older kids (4 & 2) don't eat much meat because I'm typically the meal provider and play food police. However, they do eat some of the weekend bacon and here and there chicken tenders and turkey subs when we eat out.   I giggled when you mentioned that you want to go completely vegan and your DHs response. Not because it's...
Ummmm... I just read the recent replies and I must tell you how AWESOME I think it is that you have such an INCREDIBLE support system and DYNAMIC care providers!!! :o) So, so, so cool that they have a milk bank for you to utilize. That's amazing. One thing that I loathed about our stay in the NICU was when my babies had to be given formula until I was pumping enough milk for all of their feedings. It made me cringe every time, but I knew they needed nourishment. I would...