or Connect

Posts by j.e.n

First and foremost, big hugs to you.  The NICU journey is an experience like no other. I know how overwhelming and scary it is to be on the precipice of the frightening unknown. I wish I could give you a huge hug in person. It can be soooo tough being a mom and wanting to protect and be there for ALL of your children.   Moving on. I'm not sure you can *fully* prepare for this emotional and physical journey ... but my thoughts from my experience:   Spend what...
welcome, welcome! and congratulations times three!   i'm also a twin mama but wanted to drop a note to say HELLO!   wishing you a wonderful pregnancy!! sending you smiles  and happiness .    
THANK YOU to all of you that took the time to reply! I appreciate all of your advice and kindness so much! I have meant to log on to write how grateful I am, and what do you know? Poof! A few weeks have disappeared and every time I thought I had a moment to do it - something happened and that instance vanished about as quickly as it manifested! To update everyone: my girls are officially exclusively breastfeeding.  After many tears, phone calls to supportive friends,...
  Ladies.   Looking for some advice…encouragement…something. I have never felt so inadequate as a mother and like I’m failing on a regular basis.   I had identical twin girls in May. Short version is that they were mono/mono twins, came earlier than I wanted despite my desperate attempts to go as long as possible past recommendations, and we spent over a month in the NICU. They’ve been home for a little over a month now – but because the NICU we were in really...
I would concur with the previous responses! There is a difference between TTTS during pregnancy and acute TTTS that can occur during labor. Neither should be disregarded because they can both be serious, but there's always a *chance* for anything during any pregnancy/delivery. I personally had mono-mono twins, which comes with it's own set of risks and complications, so I can't speak directly on behalf of moms that have had mono-di.   Are there any groups or...
congratulations!!   your story brought a tear to my eye. i recently delivered mono/mono twins at 32w5d - so it was amazing to read such an amazing birth experience. i'm sure you had so many emotions pending delivery - what a wonderful way to bring your babies into the world! it's awesome!! you're awesome!! wishing you peace and strength through the upcoming weeks until you can bring your sweet beauties home with you!    send you and your miracles lots of love and...
OMGoodness... these made me giggle!! :o)   My personal favorites thus far with my little twinkles who are newborns...   The staple fave among this group...  when I say that I also have two older children that are 4 and 2: "oh you're going to have your hands full!" mmmmhmmm. Thank you Captain Obvious.   When I was pregnant: "maybe you'll have a boy and a girl" me: "no, they're identical" others: "well, can't you still have a boy and a girl?" Not so...
Hi there!   Yes, living in SD is quite the conundrum sometimes when it comes to finding care providers that meet your needs/wants, isn't it?!?! :o) I was aware of one ND that was in the Watertown/Sioux Falls area, however, he moved to Colorado a few months ago. I took my children to him once before he left. Sorry, I know that isn't that helpful. I just saw that your post was sitting all by itself with no replies, and it made me sad! I didn't want you to feel ignored....
Welcome, welcome! I've perused through the forum before but just joined recently myself! Hi from another neighbor!
Thank you for the info! I had looked through the historical data previously and noticed what you mentioned with the hot/cold times as it showed the worst times are mostly December/January and July. @Xavismom: too funny that you mentioned your location(s). We don't know where we will live yet. We were thinking that we may rent until we find any area that we would like to purchase a home. We both liked Sandy while were there, though I think Sugar House seems like a super...