or Connect

Posts by Canadianne

Hi Dr. Sears, Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.  Much appreciated!   My 13 month old son has an egg allergy.  We are in the process of having allergy testing done, but until we know the severity of the allergy our family doctor has advised us not to administer the MMR vaccine. Typically I would not be concerned about my son missing this shot as it has been my understanding that measles is very rare. However, the province of Quebec is...
  The bolded would have done me in when I was two weeks post-partum.   I had a horrific birth experience and suffered from PPD and Post-Partum Anxiety after the birth of my son.  Looking back, it was evident at my son's first well-baby check at six days old when I sat off to the side as the Doctor and my husband discussed my son.  I felt no connection with him and, truthfully, didn't until he was about 4-5 months old.  I felt like I was just a baby-sitter (and a hated...
  I completely agree.  I know people who have had c-sections and loved them and easily made the decision to schedule a section for their next baby.  I don't know anyone who has had a c-section and struggled.  I don't relate, at all, to people who have had uncomplicated c-sections.     Up until now I have said with confidence that I didn't want to risk having another baby.  Now that my son is at the 'golden age' I'm starting to doubt myself.  I guess my first step would be...
You did not fail. You are not a failure. I had a traumatic, emergency, c-section after 24 hours of labour. Would you call me a failure? I highly doubt it. I don't know you but I imagine you would be comforting and supportive. You would show me grace because of the situation that I was in. Please show yourself that same grace. You deserve it.
You've done amazingly well to lose so much in such little time!  
I guess I should keep the possibility of needing to use disposables in the back of my mind!   Beckett is definitely taking everything from me.  I'm almost 15lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight because of his constant nursing and casein sensitivity (it's amazing how much cutting out dairy can do to your caloric intake!).
I don't think my back would have minded if Ozzy kept the title.    I've been concerned that he is going to outgrow his one-size cloth diapers but CD veterans have promised me otherwise.   Hopefully he will thin out once he can get his massive belly off the ground and starts crawling.
I really hope that her husband has a good friend to talk to as well.  It sounds like he is grieving the birth experience and maybe doesn't know how to process it.   For me, having the support of my husband has been crucial to my recovery.  Hopefully he will come around soon.
Ack!  We just had the boy weighed and at 5 1/2 months he is 23lbs 7oz!      
First, I want to say that your friend is blessed to have you.   I had a traumatic c-section that was complete with hallucinations, abdominal and uterine tearing and medical intervention for my son who was not breathing at birth.  I have no recollection of my son being born.  I only remember my hallucinations which were very negative (involving the death of my son).  If your friend's birth experience was anything like this it is likely that it will take her awhile to...