or Connect

Posts by EllasMommy10

This is such an old post but I wanted to reply in case anyone finds it helpful. Dr. Bronners is not good for salicylate sensitivity. I use Cleure for my daughter, and it is the only brand we use. I stock up for the year when they have big sales.
I think Waldorf and AP go very well together, and I felt it really helped me get rid of the pitfalls that are common with AP. One thing I found myself doing with AP was feeling like I had to entertain my daughter all of the time. I would wait until naptime to do any chores around the house and really made everything about her. It's great to be involved with your children, but it's healthy for them to see adults doing meaningful work, and for them to help out in age...
Thank you for your response! Very well said.
Although I should add that I don't believe going to school fixes loneliness or anything, but I guess I mean if she feels like she would rather be around a bunch of people all day rather than just me.
My daughter is only 3, but we will be homeschooling her. I had my reservations at first (and still do some days) and my husband really does. But we have joined a local homeschool group which has small play groups set up so we get together with the same two families almost every week. She is already forming friendships. In addition to our little play group, we have the opportunity to go to homeschool events pretty much every day (although at this point we don't). Between...
I recently printed this out: http://daily-colours.blogspot.nl/2013/03/week-rhythm-colour-wheel-free-pattern.html I have a gnome Waldorf calendar that shows month and day so we do that and the color wheel. I like the idea of a color of the day, but for me, it is too restrictive. We haven't had the color wheel for long so all we have done so far is coordinate her cup at meal time and then look for things around the house with the color of the day. The novelty will wear off...
Thank you for your responses! Definitely helpful and making me think. I appreciate it.
Good for you! And thank you for being honest. I am sure there are many mothers out there reading your words and seeing themselves, although they will never speak up. I have lost my temper too. I believe in gentle discipline with all of my heart, but all it would take is me feeling bad and exhausted (dealing with systemic candida, leaky gut, and tons of food allergies), and one little thing would just set me off. My patience is so much better now that I am healing and...
Wow. Your fear says it all for me! I really needed to hear that. I guess no matter how our children come to us, we will love them more than anything...
My husband and I have a 3 year old daughter of our own, but went through a lot of fertility issues to have her. We are very strongly considering adoption rather than going through fertility treatments again. My fear though is that I won't love the adopted child like I love my daughter. Did any of you with biological and adopted children have this fear? Did you find that it wasn't the case? I know I could grow to love a child not my own, but I fear it wouldn't be the same...