or Connect

Posts by Dreamer

POPCORN. That is the only thing that really helped me!! About 6 months after the birth, I started eating about 2 cups of popcorn a day and within a couple months I was SO much better. It definitely could have been the timing but I do think the popcorn helped me. Just be sure to go potty AS SOON as you need to go.   (((HUGS))) I would not wish a rectocele on anyone!!!
Laura, I am so, so sorry to hear this!!! Many hugs & prayers for you sweetie!
Do you use vinegar in the rinse? Do you use cloth wipes? Do you use the max water setting? I have to use vinegar with every rinse & had to stop using cloth wipes because it was putting too much poop in my washer! Also, use as much water as you can to wash your dipes. AND make it HOT HOT HOT. Now that I've made those few small adjustments I have no stink issues whatsoever! GL & HTH! eta: we wash with Tide.
Newborn dipes do "run small" but they are made for small people! Both of my cd'd newborns were 8.10 & 8.5 at birth and fit into Newborn Prefolds for their first 4-6 weeks, until around 12lbs. OP, definately try doubling the prefolds, and the wool or even a fleece soaker would work wonders for you compared to the PUL, for over nights. I have to change my babies every time they nurse (blowouts! ) but even once they just start pooping 1-2x a day, and just peeing at night,...
We have the swaddlebees fleece and it seems bulky in comparison to say, a PUL cover. The wool material would more than likely be the same. I've never tried swaddlebee's wool before, but my favorite wool wrap is a loveybums. BULLETPROOF for nights!! HTH!
I lucked up and got some toddler thirsties before they sold out. Now, I would recommend Little-Lions.com they have super soft indian prefolds in toddler sizes that would probably be perfect for your twins. The fuzzibunz we use for nights because they're fleece lined, so they wick away moisture (and the babies don't wake up because they're wet) and for going out because they will hold a ton of pee if properly stuffed and sometimes its just not convenient to change dipes...
You should try to look for some prefitteds. There are some on the trading post I just saw on there a little bit ago. We have tinkle traps & piggy prefolds (both prefitted conversions of prefolds to fitteds) and really LOVE them!!! Its the convenience of a prefold but the containability of a fitted! AND they're usually cheaper than most fitteds, around $5-6 each if you buy used! And they fit us GREAT!! Both my 28lb toddler & 15lb newbie can wear our premium prefitteds....
Could you try toddler prefolds? Or, I saw some trickle free trainers for a GREAT price on the trading post. 8 for $40 or something like that...?? I would probably just stick with toddler prefolds & covers until she decides to start wearing panties. Usually girls "just do it" and they go from wearing diapers to wearing panties in just a day or two, when they're ready. GL! We're at the same crossroads with my ds and I am about to shell out the big bucks for some large...
Is she still nursing? If so, I probably wouldn't worry one bit. I would leave ds2 in the nursery at the Y for an hour or so while I worked out when he was about 6 months old, usually 3 days a week. It did cross my mind as being a potential risk for infection but I didn't stress over it and the only thing he's ever come down with is just cold/flu stuff. He's almost 2 and has never had an antibiotic! My first one LIVED on antibiotics from 7-11 months and he was home with me...
I agree 100%!! I have one circ'd son, one intact, and our newest little girl was a WHOLE new experience for me come diaper time! I literally had to phone a friend!! We've never had issue 1 with ds2's intactness. I honestly don't think I've ever needed to even touch his penis but like maybe 5 times in the 2 years he's been around!