or Connect

Posts by lovetolaugh

Way to go, trekkingirl!  Nice work!  How will you celebrate your first goal?    Wow, Buzzer!  So cool and so scary at the same time!  He sure was bold...maybe he wanted your sunbathing spot!   Stegenrae, I think no problem on skipping weigh-in this week.  But also no problem if you weigh in and you've gained....you'll just see a much bigger loss for next week, and that always feels good!   And congratulations to everyone else on their losses this...
I've also been thinking about getting another piece of exercise equipment for home.  I'm a SAHM and my youngest has an immune system disorder, so any type of child care setting is out of the question for him.  So for me, that means no going to the gym (unless I could afford having a nanny come to my home, and even then, she'd have to have a bit of medical training to take care of him...that kind of care is out of my price range).  So, I've been thinking recumbent bike or...
Happy Birthday, AllisonRose!   And congratulations to everyone!  Especially you, Claybear!  Nice Work!  We sure have lost a lot of weight this week!!
Wow!!  Things are looking great so far!  Way to go, ladies!   135.8 for me today!
Congratulations, Milk8shake!  That's fantastic weight loss!   After this week of exercising and eating so healthy, the thought of Buzzer's mother - the skinny old lady that has given up on eating right - sounds enticing to me!  At least there are some benefits to getting old!   Really though, I'm feeling so good this week.  I had the energy to work out this morning, and then walk around at the zoo for 3 hours with my 2 yo while we waited for my other children to...
Barefoot, I am so with you on being digitally retarded!!  I'd love to hear the recommendations!  DH  just got home from a business trip and everyone at the meeting was given a Kindle Fire.  I think it's a bit too big to use for workouts, even if downloading the apps is possible. LOL.    I agree that Monday is a great weigh-in day.    Claybear, I love the idea of bean soup for breakfast!  What a great way to start the day with lots of fiber and protein.  Do you...
That's awesome, trekkingirl!  It is so difficult to be active when you are in pain, so you definitely deserve kudos!!   So sorry to hear about the bug that has hit your home, allisonrose.  Hopefully you will all be healthy in a few days!!  Lots of rest and fluids!   I can't wait to hear the music on the C25K podcast...I love your description, Buzzer! LOL  I am such a slowsky that I have to pull out the ipod my husband gave me a long time ago and figure out how...
Thanks again for taking us latecomers!!  I'm totally excited to take on this challenge.  My 8-week goals are to -eat more healthfully...less processed foods and much less sugar... and be responsible for what I'm eating.  (I just started on CalorieCounter today.  I think it's very similar to myfitnesspal.) -lose 10 lbs over the 8 weeks -boost my exercise.  I recently dusted off the cobwebs from the treadmill in our basement and have been walking 35 min/day...the...
I just saw this thread...I'm a day late, but if you need an extra person to even out the teams, count me in.  I'm 5'2" and 139 lbs....and could really use some teamwork and friendly competition to get me going!
Wow, Kristin!  Thanks for all the research...you've given me lots of things to look into!   Purplefish, you amaze me with your strength and positive attitude.  You are really inspiring!   Well, Gumblossom...it's more difficult to give up sugar than I thought.  I really thought I'd start out this new year of life sugar free (turned 41 on Sat) but we spent the weekend driving 7 hours each way to a doctor appt for DS2...so hard not to have the sweets when everyone...