or Connect

Posts by Kat20

I would simply use a religious exemption. If they give you a hard time, I find that mentioning the word, "Attorney" usually shuts people up. Allow me to share an example: I graduated from college last May 2003, but in September, I received a bill from the financial department saying that I owed $1500 for the fall semester 2003; I sent a letter back saying that I did not owe anything and got a call a few days later, which I did not answer, but they left a message; I never...
I also believe it's wrong to pierce girls' ears before they are old enough to give consent. We do not need little girls wearing anymore grown-up clothes and acessories! There's enough girls dressing like Brittney as it is. I also have a nickel allergy so I can only wear expensive earrings. My ears also get dry and itch easily. I don't think it has anything to do with the age of the piercing; it's genetic, so if your like me and have Eczema and a nickel allergy or other...
Print this story out and give it to your sister and her boyfriend. It should scare him straight! It scares my male friends. A man my mom went to high school with went on to become an Ob-Gyn. He botched a circumcision so bad that they had to give the baby a sex change! He was involved in a major lawsuit and probably another one when the boy turned 18.
One more question: I know that when people in the LDS church get married, their marriage is sealed. Is it true that guests have to be LDS to attend the wedding?
Thanks for the link, EFMom. It led me to another site about former mormons. They sure have some interesting stories about why they left!
My mom was about the age of your twins when she had chickenpox and she did fine. I would go ahead since you don't know when the next opportunity might come up.
Yes, the fetuses used to make the rubella, chickenpox, and hepatitis A vaccines were from women who had abortions. There are three different cell lines, MRC-5, WI-31, and I forget the other one. There is a Catholic organization called Children of God for Life and they are trying to stop the use of aborted fetal tissue in vaccines. http://www.cogforlife.org
I know that one of the reasons for being ex-communicated from the Mormon Church is if someone is caught practicing poligmy. But, what are the other reasons? I'm just curious because Dr.Phil just started following another family and in the tape piece, I happened to see that they were LDS. (Mom had 3 affairs.) Are people ex-communicated for having an affair or living other alternative lifestyles? I know Mormons live by a strict moral code, but how far does the church go...
You're not required to disclose your religion in any state. There have been cases in New York, New Jersey, and Wyoming where parents took the school to court and the judge ruled in favor of the parents, saying the Constitution protects their beliefs. I know that the Christian Science denomination is against vaccines and medical intervention. There are some others with similar beliefs, the Seventh Day Aventist is one. However, all major religions teach people to take...
I heard this question on, of all places, Dr.Phil. He was posing this question to the teenage girl in the Dr.Phil Family when she was interviewing potential adoptive parents. But, this question will also work when interviewing any doctor or midwife: "Is there anything that I haven't asked that you would ask if you were in my shoes?" Now, the response should be something along the lines of, "Do you respect the patient's decisions they make about their regarding...