or Connect

Posts by mommytimes2

Hi Dr. Laura, Thank you so much for being available for our questions and concerns--really appreciate that! Like the previous poster, I also have a challenging (borderline abusive) relationship with my mother-in-law. I have know her for nearly 20 years, and at first thought she was an extremely supportive mother to her children, but after so many years, I see her behavior much differently.   MIL is a very manipulative person, and quite emotionally abusive in my...
I posted this in CA Tribal Area also, but wanted to cover my bases. Please vote to support Prop 37 tomorrow! We can win this!   We are talking about corn that has the insectide inside the kernel.   Please don't fall for all the negative advertising put out there by the big chemical companies. This is a vote for simply labeling food products that contain genetically modified ingredients. We have the right to know what we are eating--it is that simple.   Over...
We are talking about corn that has the insectide inside the kernel.   Please don't fall for all the negative advertising put out there by the big chemical companies. This is a vote for simply labeling food products that contain genetically modified ingredients. We have the right to know what we are eating--it is that simple.   Over 60 other countries require labels to be put on foods with GMO's--shouldn't we American consumers have the same right to...
Quote: I agree--it does seem like a desperate push. I really hope it will backfire and that more people will start to question whether true health is best achieved through these injections. And wow, that is amazing that stores are now asking whether you want a shot with your purchase! Craziness! No calls yesterday or today (sigh of relief).    
It is all pretty nice, as I remember. We lived on the east side of Petaluma, which is the "newer" housing area. Great parks and greenbelts, very family oriented. Downtown Petaluma is also very nice with older established neighborhoods and old victorians, close to shops and restaurants. The west side of town is highly desirable, more established, and I believe more expensive in terms of housing. I would probably choose to live on the east side again because it is newer,...
Thank you, Peggy, for this interesting discussion. I haven't read all the posts, but just wanted to say that I really appreciate this closer look into the practice of swaddling. There has always been something about swaddling that bothered me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it was a concern about temperature regulation, or just my own projecting about how I would feel with my body so constricted (yes, I know babies are very constricted in the womb, and...
I called member services and asked to be opted out of these calls. Seriously, we have been averaging one a day. The woman I spoke with was very considerate and hopefully we will stop getting the calls soon! Maybe it is my imagination, but it seems like the vaccine propoganda is almost frenetic these days. Even when I was on the call to Kaiser member services and waiting to talk with a live person, the recorded outgoing message just repeated over and over that everyone...
Hi, just curious if anyone else is getting barraged by these automatic phone call messages from Kaiser Permanente. We have an unvaccinated 18 month old DS, and the message goes something like, "This is ____, the Chief of Infectious Disease for Kaiser Permanente. Our records show that your 18 month old has not received the flu vaccine for this year's flu season...." So far, I have deleted the message from my machine before hearing the rest. Next time I will listen till...
Petaluma is a really great small town, with a lot of very nice amenities! We lived there for about 4 months before needing to move back to the Sacramento area, but I miss Petaluma. Many wonderful restaurants, unique historic main street and theater, 30 minutes to the beach, surrounded by small farms and rolling hills. I would live there in a heartbeat. Also, very safe, minimal crime (as far as I am aware), on the expensive side for cost of living though, but compared to...
We went and DD had a great time! So glad we have a charter Waldorf school nearby!! Still going back and forth between Sac Waldorf or Golden Valley, but it is a good problem to have. :)