or Connect

Posts by Nikitta34

I haven't gotten a confirmation email, either.  
17 months and going strong!
You are not nuts! Or at least if you are, I am nuts also. I spent a crazy amount of time going from store to store to feel the silverware in my hands before I chose what to put on my wedding registry. My bridesmaids thought I was nuts (at least the couple I dragged along with me thought I was), but it was worth it. I LOVE my silverware set! It's modern, elegant, and the perfect weight. LOVE! I am also saving pennies to get the iced tea spoons (ooh la la) and was so...
The Best for Babies link has an interview with the mom.
I just heard about this as well and did a quick google search.   http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/850073/target-facing-nurse-in-after-alleged-harassment-of-breastfeeding-customer   http://www.care2.com/causes/target-employees-harass-and-humiliate-breastfeeding-mom.html   http://www.bestforbabes.org/target-employees-bully-breastfeeding-mom-despite-corporate-policy
My parents are very religious (Protestant) and did not do Santa with us. Their logic was that they didn't want to lie to their children (because then we wouldn't believe anything they said) and that "Jesus is a Reason for the Season." I can say that all four of us kids are bitter that we never got to enjoy the magic of Santa, and will share the Santa story with our own children. We didn't get to go trick or treating, either, and that is also something we feel cheated out...
And be careful about reusing baby food jars. The lids contain BPA.
I freeze everything in glass, from ready-made meals to baby purees to breastmilk.   Pyrex makes a line of freezer/oven safe glass baking dishes that have BPA-free lids (the gray lids, NOT the blue lids). I use these for everything from soups to chili to lasagna to casseroles, etc.   For baby purees, I use Ball (aka Kerr) glass jars with the plastic (BPA-free) lids. They make tiny little "jam jars" that are 4 oz, and the perfect size for baby foods. The lids screw...
No one is worried about putting plastic parts into the dishwasher? I know Medela products are all BPA free, but what about phthalates and other plasticizers? Toxins in plastics are more likely to leach out at higher temperatures, so maybe if you can do a cold/warm water wash instead of a piping hot wash? I know with my washer, if I open it up right after it's done running, it's hot and steamy in there. Anyway, that's just my two cents. I have put my parts in the...
I'm going to a wedding in September and am in need of a dark-colored or "dressy" ring sling. I have the Maya stripes, but it would stick out like a sore thumb with my dress, and the wedding is black tie.   I'm really hoping to find a black, plum, or similar Maya Wrap. Please PM/respond with a picture of what you have and the price. Thanks for reading!   Btw, I need it by late August as the wedding is over Labor Day weekend. Hoping to pay around $30ish, but will...