or Connect

Posts by LadyJade

I had a csection and had pain like that which made NO sense to me.  3 months after i was still not able to have sex and was becoming quite alarmed that something had prolapsed or something.  I skipped the midwife and went straight to OB.  His first question was "Are you still breastfeeding"  I was.  He examined me for anything unusual, and there was nothing wrong.  He said it was very likely lactation atrophic...
I'm sorry, Sunshine.     My cousin had a really rough first birth, with HELLP and a csection at 28 weeks and of course a VERY long NICU ordeal.  It was sooo hard on her.  But she just had her second, at full term, very healthy and took him right home at 3 days old.  For her, that is the sweetest thing ever.     Your second can be world's different and help you heal from the first.  
Also this   "One meta-analysis found that the neonatal mortality rate tripled in planned homebirths versus hospital births, and attributed the better outcomes for babies to the decrease in interventions [2]."       is not a better outcome... 
My midwives didn't fail me either.  The OB on call was wonderful.  I did the very best that I could.  It was only after we got to the hospital that the decels started and at that point there was meconium, so down to the minute, I went as long as I could have, safely.  I didn't transfer for pain or exhaustion.  We transferred because my midwife had good instincts about 21 hours being long enough and we needed help at that point.   Its no one's fault, its just that...
How do they come up with those stats?  NO csections should be occurring at home.  They should be occurring in the OR.     Similarly, yes, I would hope fewer babies die at home.  I would hope when it is noticed that they are in trouble, they are transported to a hospital.  If they die at home its because people weren't trained well enough to know to call 911.   Right?  Very suspicious of these stats.
Lulu!  I couldn't agree more!   I attempted a home water birth.  After 21 hours and no progress and midwives trying everything, we transferred.  Shortly after that, there were some dangerous decels and I had an emergency c-section and a perfectly healthy baby boy.  And I ended up with some very serious PPD coping with the aftermath of the birth.  All of the "normal" people in my life were so happy for me - a gorgeous, healthy little boy!  But I was in tears all the...
How do I unsubscribe from this thread, since you deleted my comment and all... obviously my perspective is not wanted in this "open exchange of ideas" so stop sending me emails about it...
I relate to this.  I had horrible horrible excruciating pain, no latch problems per at least 4 LCs...  Since no one had any helpful advice for me and I didn't know what else to do, I just started pumping and moved to exclusively pumping by about 3 months.  I even had the pain with the pump, but it was bearable.   The pain disappeared after about 4 months when I figured out (through nearly dead batteries in the pump) that I was using too much pressure and I needed to...
Exactly.  I'm done navel-gazing about the birth experience.  I'm ready to be an adult about it and say - yes, labor and delivery just mostly suck.  Get over it and get on with celebrating your child.  I now think the solution to bad hospitals is to find a good hospital and give birth there.  I wish I had put all that energy into that, and in preparing for life with a baby more.  I wish all those thousands I gave to my midwife and doula I had instead put into a postpartum...
OK if any of you all are still out there and reading this thread, I started a Facebook group here http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_137412956328096   Would love for any of you to join... please.  :)