or Connect

Posts by germin8

What would I do without all of you? Thank you. This is an eternal life and death situation and for your input, I am truly and forever grateful.   I have a lot of undoing to do for my 3.5 year old... it will take lots of work now that this new light has come into my life. I am starting a new with my 16 month old and hopefully our next child/ren.
Ah yes, my friend did mention the spanking part... and I forgot to mention that.. but I was going to just take the part regarding the heart. Ah well... perhaps I will get the $2 kindle version to get what I want out of the book and ignore the rest... sorta what I'm doing with the other book I'm reading.   Yes, the book gave examples on how they drew them away from tattoos... but not hair dyeing.  This is where my friend mentioned to get to the heart of why they would...
Brief Update: I have really enjoyed the book "Grace Based Parenting" although, I still disagree with some things he said. I have also been reading Peaceful Parent Happy Kid and Christlike Parenting... both offer good techniques and ideas. I have learned from all these books... they are good... my favorite being Graced Based Parenting... but, I felt there was more needed.   Recently, a good friend recommended Shepherding a Child's Heart. She talked to me about all the...
Now why didn't I think of that! *lol* We have a SUV w/ a car chassis so it is not very wide, so I am not sure we'll find carseats to fit 3 across... but I will try. Thanks for the awesome affordable idea. :) Update: My issue is that my soon to be 4-yr-old barely weighs 30 lbs... so it will be some time before she can fit into a booster. I'll look into it further though.
The title stays it all.   We have one vehicle - an SUV that only fits two car seats in the back. We want to have a 3rd child and need a vehicle that can hold 3 carseats - infant carseat, Britax, and booster (or another Britax).   The pick-up truck will be our work vehicle for the property (snow plowing, hauling wood, etc), but it will be our main vehicle. DH is 6' tall. I am 5' 2". We saw a tall father fit 3 car seats into his extended cab. But, I put kids into a crew...
thanks tadamsmar, I ordered the book! and, it's on my reading queue. so far, it interests me most so I may jump right into it when I get it.
 I couldn't get the website to work. Can you double check the URL?Thank you for your reply and book recommendations...
IdentityCrisisMama, thanks for the book recommendations and your valuable input.   FisherFamily, again: Love your response. I totally see how the law is liberating. The law may be a list of DO NOTs for some but to do the opposite of that... to do good... there is no limit. It's infinite... free to do as much good... Habitually serve God and habitually avoid sin... love the analogy w/ the arm.   All the spiritual points you made, I agree w/ too. So, thank you for the...
FisherFamily... I am so glad you mentioned that. Those are the kinds of things that run through my head. Although, I never quite thought about how grabbing something out of my baby's hand would affect them. Wow. Eye-opener. I love all the responses. Thank you. This is a bit of a side from what I intended but too feel I need to be with my kids at all times to monitor what behaviours they might learn from others. I am so glad others do/feel the same way.
I'm very new to GD... as a matter of fact, I know nothing about it, but am looking into it and might implement... (My kids are 15 months and 3.5 yrs ol)   I have a question for those whose children 'misbehave... whether tantrum, biting, hitting, etc...   I am wondering where they learn this: Are your children exposed to the media? (watch television, play video games, online videos/commercials, or even told stories about such behaviour). I assume most children are...