or Connect

Posts by germin8

DD is 3.5 yrs old and DS is 15 months. With my first, I went to a Child Guidance class that has a different way of training a child... and I feel I need to change this or try something different.   I do not even know what Gentle Discipline means... nor Conscious Parenting. Are they similar? Am I correct that there is no spanking involved? I have several reasons for this change... and I am looking for a good book about it. I'm a conservative Christian so, I don't want...
yes, I have purchased skirts and dresses for $5 and for sizes larger than me... then modify them to fit me. i'ts been a fun project. i have even bought a maternity dress to modify for my daughter. Have you checked ebay or etsy for dresses? maybe they cost more... also, try a discount fabric store. I was visiting Texas and foind a discoint fabric store that sells for $1/yd to $10/yd. great deals!
Awesome. Thanks a mill...   All the best on your birth and baby...
Yet another question. Would she be able to breastfeed w/ the Beco/carrier on at home? If so, would her clothes allow her to breastfeed in public while Beco-carrying? And even if they did, would she?   Okay, I think that's all the questions...
Me again. What do you think of the Stella pattern? I saw it on sale for 20% off... but it's a bit more decorative. Although, I do like the Enzo and Jake pattern more b/c of it's simplicity. :)
All right! I love the Enzo pattern too. Thanks again. :)   EDIT: And Jake pattern (same pattern but w/ different colors)
Her head/hair is covered, including her neck and ears... but not her nose/mouth area. As for the rest of her clothes, (excuse my ignorance in the way of describing their clothes) her top goes to her knees and she had pants under that... and she was wearing sandals. Yes, in December! Brrrr. But, maybe being pregnant is keeping her quite warm. :) All her clothes have been dark solid colors. One time, she wore a borrowed jacket with a name on it. I would like to get her the...
Hello. There is an expecting couple that JUST immigrated into the USA last month... refugees from Afghanistan. They are now 8 months pregnant and saw me wearing my Beco Gemini. The husband said that in Afghanistan, they carry the babies and they would like to get a carrier. But English does not come too easily for him that I may have misunderstood.   I want to buy them a Beco (as a gift). I just gave them a bunch of newborn baby boy stuff, too. Do you think she would...
Thanks for the ideas! That's interesting about dressing up... *haha*  Not only bible characters, but perhaps they can dress up like the Pilgrims too. Well, I don't know that I would do that this year... but maybe another.
Hello all. I think this question goes here... b/c if I do plan a themed birthday party for my 1 year old, it will be Christian in-mind.   We don't really celebrate many of the holidays out there like Halloween, Valentines, ... and we are not good at celebrating Christmas either. That one is up in there air. But anyway, that is just a little background.   My baby's first birthday is coming up... right on Thanksgiving Day this year. And, we don't celebrate...