or Connect

Posts by germin8

*lol* I hear you. People think they have the answers and do not even begin to comprehend what we are going through. Every time I mention something, I get all the answers I tried... and then, they are speechless. However, we are not on our own. I am so grateful for everyone on mothering.com (esp those on this thread) milkshare.com and HM4HB... they understand.   I taped the tube to my breast... is the tube too thick for your DC? Usually, with the tube-and-syringe you...
  Hi MamaKiwi. I thought it was too late postpartum to build milk ducts/glands. But, I haven't been keeping up since I last pumped in December so, I've forgotten some. While pumping, I did take goat's rue, domperidone, and fenugreek while pumping. Yes, SNS does help with extra stimulation. I used the Medela SNS. It took a while to get used to it. My case was different in that even my DD couldn't suckle the milk out... the pump was far more effective. I pumped every two...
I'm catching up with all the reading now that we are going to try for baby #2. Sounds like I may be destined for a low milk supply for the next baby as well... but, here's what I'm going to try now and for the 1st tri (at least).       Alfalfa Leaf Eggs: had to add this in, b/c I'm vegan... but not for the next 9 months. :( Tahini: I need all the calcium I can get. Apparently, only Once Again brand has 30% calcium compared to 0% of all the other...
That is exactly how I felt. If my breasts can hold 8oz total at my max pumping, how do I get my body to make more milk! I couldn't consistently get 8 oz every time I pumped; I only got that at a certain time of day & after 4 hours from previous pump session. I was on dom so I know my prolactin levels (what makes the milk) were high (I had them tested). I didn't get my oxytocin tested; that let's the milk down. So, I don't know what it was.   Yes, there isn't enough...
I bought them too! :D Thanks.
I had read that book just after my DD was born and it's a great book. I did everything in the book... (except maybe 2 things) but, I think the big key for me was pumping 'round the clock! And, that in itself was going well until I had to return to work for a little time. After that is when my supply went down and I couldn't recover after that... I just didn't have the support to pump around the clock. For some reason, my DD couldn't nurse milk out of me. The pumps were...
dalailana: You have months to build up your supply. In other words, it's not too late. At least, that's what I've been told by LCs when I was concerned about my supply. They told me I have plenty of time. However, it does get harder as the months go by. I build my supply up right away... then, I slowed down, and it was difficult to get back into the rhythm. Stick with it. I don't have a lot of people to help me w/ my LO while I pumped, so it was difficult for me.
ILoveMyBabyBird: I talked briefly to an ND about my low milk supply when my DD was born. I asked her what would help my low milk supply (which was low from day 1) and how to get sufficient glandular tissue during pregnancy... and she said I should take 2 Tbsp of flax oil a day due to my low fat. (I'm a thin person.) Somehow, I think she only answered the first part of my question. We were sorta rushed... but maybe she did answer both.     She gave me two recipes...
Thank you, thank you for all the advice. This is good info. We're vegan at home, but I think my DD will be vegetarian (organic dairy). However, I will be looking into all these alternatives. I think I would have to make my own hemp-almond-coconut milk - eh? So much work... Hmmmm, maybe I will alternate between all these. I wonder if that would be okay for my DD's digestion. Speaking of which, he current formula makes for some paste-y poops! Thanks all.
 Yup, I considered organic dairy milk, too. I didn't know I had to be concerned for the fat intake. Thanks for the reminder. I'm not worried about Vit D, she can get that outside... but Calcium, oh my, even I am low on that. Hmmm, could I give my one year old green smoothies (greens w/ calcium)... maybe not every day, but I hope it's an option. I forgot to mention my DD doesn't even eat solids. She tries some here-or-there so I really hope she eats more soon. :) That...