or Connect

Posts by germin8

I am not familiar w/ attachment parenting and haven't read the gentle dispcipline threads... so, I accept any answers. :)  (we have 3 ways which we discipline... and working on which is most effective... and we are attending a Child Guidance class)   Just a little history. My DD sleeps in a crib next to our bed... since birth. DH WFH and I am a SAHM. My DD seems to require a lot of attention, so much so, that we are not productive at home. Is this real? Is this...
No, because his parents and family never really saw doctors. He never had any special treatment/schooling. He was just passed (no child left behind???)...and then at age 18, his mom wanted him tested. So, this one document is all we have... w/ the WIAT & WIAS III results. Oh bummer...so you think I will have a hard time... *sigh* I will look into an advocate. Update: I just now looked at the links...wow! Excellent links!
Wow, I will definitely look at all those links you sent me. Age 22? *whew* made the cutoff. I wish we could get records from his high school...they don't exist any more. even the evaluation we have reads that the school did not have adequate info...which makes me wonder if they were trying to 'hide' something. I will check out the sites next.
Thank you for your advice... glad we are headed the right direction... and some of the advice we hadn't considered (like group home & ARC).   And yes, we would love more help. What sorta details? Location? We are in the state of Idaho (moved here w/i the last year). BIL is in Coeur d'Alene near the school/near help. But, really... we would move him anywhere that would benefit him the most... except Alaska, even if they "pay" you to live there.   My BIL did have...
We have a very unique case on our hands. Basically, my DH's parents have both died years ago and we are trying to help my BIL get on his feet toward independence. He is 30 yrs old, never worked, and lazy... or so we thought he was a "good-for-nothing" guy... but since helping him we are realizing that he could very well be borderline developmentally disabled. He currently depends on us financially. He went to private school & was passed... and we have realized he has...
Read Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon... more technical. It was really what helped us! We only took the first 4 Bradley Birth classes... bradleybirth.com Although, it is about husband coached childbirth... it is also very informative. If you read it, you'll feel you had a text book labor. :)  I don't know what classes to recommend if your husband doesn't want to be the main coach... but maybe someone else can be your coach and you DH can be...
I didn't know where to post this... so maybe here is good.   There are some women that take progesterone for fertility. And, although I do not have an issue w/ this, I think I need to take progesterone...   I am taking Wish Garden's Progesteronic as recommended by my consultant (different from bottles dosage)... this is supposed to help my progesterone levels and hopefully help my milk supply which was very low w/ my DD. I want to do everything I can to give my...
How about the Clear Word for Kids?My mom has the Clear Word for adults & she loves it... even the family/friends she has that read from it. Just know that it is a paraphrase...not a bible. I love Bible Stories by F Rivers. I have the bilingual parallel & it has stories about Abram, Hagar, Dinah, Deborah, Jehoiada, Hezekiah, Lazarus, Pilate,Sapphira, Saul... to name a few. It's about 200 pages.   There's also My Bible Friends... 5 volumes, maybe there are 10.   Then there...
We are 100% TV free! Well, we are not internet free. :) But, we certainly do not watch TV on the internet. But, we do watch spiritual "movies" or sermons.  Maybe go TV free just on Sabbaths first and see how that goes. Then, do it for the weekend... then, a whole month. Just a recommendation... I don't know how I did... buy my DH & I were both TV free before we married.   Definitely have people over at your house, but make it potluck style! And, make it after church...
Hmmmm. I guess there is no correlation with aerola sensitivity either. LC said every woman should have sensitivity... she didn't say high... just sensitivity.