or Connect

Posts by newmamalizzy

Thanks for the replies!  The link with the patience puzzles is great.  They're kind of expensive, but really gave me some good ideas of what I could look for, or maybe even try to make.  I like the idea of doing regular jigsaws with her, too.  I always forget that I like doing puzzles, too, but they are pretty addictive.  I've actually been looking for more activities for myself that I can give DD a mini-version to do at the same time, so dual puzzling would be perfect. ...
She might be ready for a little more independence.  The first thing I noticed here is that you're still using a changing table for diapers and, more importantly, to get her dressed.  I think at her age she might be ready to start helping out with getting dressed more.  Can you do her pants standing up so she just steps into them?  Or is she able to sit down and put her legs in her pants by herself?  (My 23 month old can do both of these things.)  She may enjoy going to...
Does anyone have recommendations for puzzles to move on to when the peg puzzles are too easy?  DD is about to turn 2, and I don't think she could handle a jigsaw, but the peg puzzles just seem so boring.  Or maybe there's something about them that I'm missing?  I mean, once they can put the shape in the hole, what else is there?  Weird that many of them are aged 3+.
If you could fit a pack n' play in the room, you could probably fit a standard crib mattress on the floor.  DD has been sleeping like this since 9 - 10 months, and I've really liked it.  It's comparable to co-sleeping, but it's nice that she has her own space, and I think it's going to make it a lot easier to transition to her own room (ahem...when we get a place with another room...)
I'm sorry, no help here, but I wanted to bump this because I have similar problems and concerns with my 23 month old.  She still wakes up 5 or so times a night, but only one of these is for a bottle.  The rest of the time she ranges from just seeming unsettled to crying a LOT (regardless of what I do to soothe her).  I know I've heard people on this site who discovered food intolerances were causing night-waking, and I'd love to hear from them, too!
I completely understand where you're coming from.  I completely uprooted when I had my daughter, just after finishing graduate school (but before starting a career!), and there have been so few moments to myself that I find I have no idea what I should be doing.  I'm, like, stripped down to my essence - no established hobbies, no active interests, very few friends... It's weird.  I'm trying to figure out who I am without all the things that I would ordinarily use to...
Aside from the fact that I enjoy them (our doctor is great, and DD loves her, too), I go because I'm a complete hypochondriac over my child, and I love getting the certification that she's okay - especially the parts of her that I can't really see, like her heart and lungs. 
I'd say go for it with the gate (for the reasons posted), but just be careful about which one you choose.  DD lost her two first teeth when she tried to climb a baby gate and wrenched it backwards out of the wall.  My traumatized mind envisions all sorts of trouble that a toddler could cause with a baby gate.  Rule #1 for us:  No lattice.
We're celebrating DD's 2nd birthday on Easter this year and want to do an Easter egg hunt.  What are some toddler-friendly things to put in the eggs?  I'd love to have a food treat, but I'm obviously not going to put the M&M's or Hershey Kisses of my youth...