or Connect

Posts by newmamalizzy

If you could fit a pack n' play in the room, you could probably fit a standard crib mattress on the floor.  DD has been sleeping like this since 9 - 10 months, and I've really liked it.  It's comparable to co-sleeping, but it's nice that she has her own space, and I think it's going to make it a lot easier to transition to her own room (ahem...when we get a place with another room...)
I'm sorry, no help here, but I wanted to bump this because I have similar problems and concerns with my 23 month old.  She still wakes up 5 or so times a night, but only one of these is for a bottle.  The rest of the time she ranges from just seeming unsettled to crying a LOT (regardless of what I do to soothe her).  I know I've heard people on this site who discovered food intolerances were causing night-waking, and I'd love to hear from them, too!
I completely understand where you're coming from.  I completely uprooted when I had my daughter, just after finishing graduate school (but before starting a career!), and there have been so few moments to myself that I find I have no idea what I should be doing.  I'm, like, stripped down to my essence - no established hobbies, no active interests, very few friends... It's weird.  I'm trying to figure out who I am without all the things that I would ordinarily use to...
Aside from the fact that I enjoy them (our doctor is great, and DD loves her, too), I go because I'm a complete hypochondriac over my child, and I love getting the certification that she's okay - especially the parts of her that I can't really see, like her heart and lungs. 
I'd say go for it with the gate (for the reasons posted), but just be careful about which one you choose.  DD lost her two first teeth when she tried to climb a baby gate and wrenched it backwards out of the wall.  My traumatized mind envisions all sorts of trouble that a toddler could cause with a baby gate.  Rule #1 for us:  No lattice.
We're celebrating DD's 2nd birthday on Easter this year and want to do an Easter egg hunt.  What are some toddler-friendly things to put in the eggs?  I'd love to have a food treat, but I'm obviously not going to put the M&M's or Hershey Kisses of my youth...
I was thinking about posting something similar.  I feel like I'm always sacrificing some of my parenting for housework or some of the housework to hang out with my daughter.  All in all, it feels like NOTHING I do in my life as a mother is any more than mediocre.  It's frustrating because, I mean, this is my whole new self.  I don't want my self to be mediocre, and I have definitely never been the mediocre type.   But there is no longer any part of my life that makes me...
Around this age I had to go through all of DD's toys and remove everything that had a component to it that she couldn't handle by herself.  Whenever I tried to set her up with toys so I could get something done, she'd end up either flipping out in frustration, or constantly asking me for help and crying.  DD had a lot of toys that were technically above her age level, but perfectly fine for her to use for other purposes - pop beads, for example.  It was when she started...
We're still dealing with it, too, but if you don't get any more enlightening here, I did see a bunch of encouraging posts on this topic on the Berkeley Parenting Network forum.  http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/sleep/toddlernaps.html