or Connect

Posts by newmamalizzy

I am so, so, SO sympathetic.  Seriously.  I know exactly what you're going through, and sometimes I really, truly want to throw my daughter out the window.  I get really angry at her and act really mean and say nasty things that I feel awful about...ugh.  You are totally not alone.  Could you maybe try letting him lie down on you and rubbing/patting his back?  That sometimes works for my daughter.  What also sometimes works (I know this sounds awful) is making her mad. ...
I'm pretty sure it's a "thing," as mine has been doing it, too.  One thing I'm sure of is that she's not actually trying to drop the nap.  She simply cannot function beyond 9-ish hours of awake time, so the no-nap thing really wreaks havoc on her sleep schedule (and our life!).  Shes does exactly what yours does - She sings, plays with her feet, talks and talks and talks.  Seriously, she is NEVER as busy as when she is doing the no-nap nap.  I've found that I can help...
For things like apple and mango, if he's not chewing well it sometimes works better to give larger pieces rather than "bite-sized" chunks.  This will allow him to grate or suck smaller bits off the fruits or veggies.  From my experience, it's not the number of teeth that counts, but the child that's operating them :)  DD has been VERY slow at learning to chew, while I watched kids younger than her eating things like steak tips.  Have you tried meats, BTW?  DD loves cubes...
Thanks for these responses.  I know, in theory, that it's not CIO if I'm right there, but it makes me feel so awful just the same.  I think that's why it makes me so mad at her - she's doing something that's causing me a hugely painful inner conflict.  I definitely don't want her to learn that tantrum behavior gets her what she wants.  She doesn't have tantrums like this during the day, but I know exactly what I would do if it were a daytime tantrum over, like, not...
I am so angry at my daughter over her new sleep issues, and I have no idea how to handle it.  I feel like I'm being forced to let her CIO, which is totally not what I ever wanted to do, especially after all the time I've spent slowly and gently working through her constant sleep problems.    DD is 22 months old and has always been a poor sleeper.  She'll still wake anywhere from 3 - 5 times per night (in times when she's generally healthy, not teething, etc.).  I...
What kind of routine do you have at night?  Is it possible that he's just started needing more/a different kind of wind-down time at night?  BTW, does he do the asleep at 7/wake-up an hour later thing on days he doesn't nap well?  My 22 month old does that when she's overtired. 
Funny, I essentially came to this forum to write this exact post.  My 22 month old has never slept through the night and is now having hour-long Mommy-mommy tantrums with me 6 inches away and rubbing her back the whole time - but not picking her up and snuggling her, which is what she wants.  It's extremely frustrating, but I think you may be right about it being a separation anxiety thing.  DD has been very clingy during the day as well, which makes things doubly hard...
Well, the problem is that my daughter is chronically overtired, with constant dark rings under her eyes.  We've been trying hard to get her more sleep, because she has that overtired=wired thing, AND night terrors when she's overtired.  We actually have pretty chill days lately, but the hour of quiet time doesn't really help her get rested.
DD (22 months) has always been a difficult napper, and now we have this ridiculous new issue:  She ALWAYS poops while she's supposed to be going to sleep.  I generally have her stay in her bed for an hour at naptime, regardless of whether or not she falls asleep.  Some days she falls asleep right away; other days she play-play-plays, sings, spouts out every word she knows, and 45 minutes into this tirade, she poops.  I clean it up, and occasionally she'll fall right...
Awww, I totally feel your frustration.  Ours comes from sleep more so than feeding, but it's the same onlslaught of "When do I... but then how do I....???"  My daughter isn't so bad with food anymore, but she also had huge latching problems, bottle-drinking problems, GERD, started solids late (8 months) and didn't start using food for nutrition until well after a year.  I would recommend "pouch" foods (we like the Earth's Best ones, but Plum Organics and lots of other...