or Connect

Posts by newmamalizzy

You'll probably want to slap me for saying this, but DD (who's much younger than yours, so my experience may not be applicable) tends to need me less when I love her more.  It's all well and good to spend more quality time focused on DD, but for us it only really makes a difference if I'm actually enjoying her presence.  It's irritating to me, because that feeling of being totally in love with my child isn't really a matter of choice.  Some days it happens; other days I...
I voted getting by, but I think we'd be "simple but comfortable" if we weren't paying mountains of students loans.  We also have relatively low housing costs, and I think that has a HUGE impact.  AND we're better off now than we've ever been in the past, since we were students pre-baby.  I think it's easier to live on less if you're not used to spending more, you know?  I agree with the PP - try living on one income (factoring in the additional money you'd have from...
Guess it's hard to know whether or not the "just because" thing will happen, but I find with my daughter that her sleep problems solve themselves more easily if I totally cater to what she needs.  Lately, for instance, she went through a thing where she didn't want me to put her in bed to fall asleep on her own.  I tried lying close to her, patting her back, etc., but it just didn't help much; it wasn't what she wanted from me.  Then I switched to snuggling with her,...
Wow! Great list!  It's true, this is a good time for us to be encouraging more veggies.  She's really tough with textures, so most veggies go into her mouth and come right back out, even though she'll do it again and again (i.e. she likes the flavor).  We do soups and purees with veggies, and mix them into sauces, but they don't work well for her in their "purer" forms yet.  I agree that she SHOULD be able to manage raw apples, and she likes to try, but she ends up...
I agree that you sound like you're doing just fine.  I don't see nursing to sleep as a problem at all.  I think the problems you're experiencing are quite normal.  I remember DD starting waking up more to eat at 3-ish months old (after almost sleeping through the night before that).  I got the impression that she was growing so much that she could no longer take in enough calories during the day.  She also starting having a lot of trouble with overstimulation at around...
You know, I've seen a lot of people on this board mention that their LO actually falls asleep and sleeps better for people who CAN'T breastfeed them, and that their babies are more receptive to alternate methods of falling asleep for other people, even though they still insist on BFing with mom.  (Sorry, run-on sentence).  So, you may not need to worry too much.
Interesting suggestion.  I get almost murderous about chewing noises and strange breathing sounds, too.  I've often wondered why such simple things annoy me so much...
Oh, yes, the snoring.  Mine's been in the living room for a year now.  He just bought a cot :(  
Maybe I'M the one that needs the variety...it's a good thought.  Somehow I'm far more willing to be seasonal about veggies than fruits. 
I have a 19 month old, and ever since she started solids, she's eaten fruit at least 3 times a day.  Lately, I feel like it's hard to find enough variety to feed her as much fruit as I would like.  Sometimes I'll give her canned fruit in fruit juice, but I'm not psyched about it.  She's currently eating frozen wild blueberries, bananas, apples (but she's not good at chewing, so she doesn't consume much), applesauce, and kiwis.  I think the kiwis might give her diaper...