or Connect

Posts by prophetmother

I have no idea if this will work, but try going to Earth911.org for help. Maybe even try their hotline and tell them what you're going through. If they can't help, I bet they could point you somwhere that could. Good luck! I admire your tenacity and someone else someday will be so grateful for what you are doing today.
I hadn't considered Corelle before. The veneerware looks too expensive for me but Corelle might work. I've been wanting to get something safe and reusable for our dinner parties forever. Thanks for the tip. It pays to lurk...
Congrats everyone! I made the switch personally when DD was in CDs so, I have been using cloth too for almost 3 years. I'm the only one besides DD who does it though and really probably won't convince the others for a while. I know it sounds bad, but I think once my teenage stepson moves out in a year or so, alot of the natural living initiatives I try to take will "stick" better...maybe I should go vent in the stepmother's tribe now....LOL
Hey mama, you "look" familiar and your tag says way down south. Where are you? I'm north of Houston, TX. There's no curbside recycling program where I am in Conroe, but just down the road in The Woodlands it's everywhere. I've thought of doing something about that too but don't know where to start... Wanna join forces?
I've got tons of felt but need to know what to sew it up with. Oh, and if anyone can tell me the best kind of stitching to use, that would be helpful too. I'm a newbie to all of this and can sew a bit so the more basic the instructions, the better. : I'm looking at things like this and this. Is that embroidery thread? What kind of needle do you need? Also, any advice on making this? Should I be posting in "how to" instead? Thanks mamas!
Subbing too!
Eepster, thanks so much for the tips! Right now I'm thinking of painting with an earthy color.... my home is all earthy colors. Thanks for the tip on NOT using oil-based paint, I don't know any different and always just go with whatever the store clerk tells me...lol. Can you tell me how the steel wool thing works? I have no clue what you mean. I'm still iffy on the fabrics/papers. My dd is 2 and basically likes whatever I like (now) but I think I want something that...
Pretty please. I have this bare wood children's table I bought for dd's 2nd birthday in April and I STILL haven't painted it. But I just lucked upon an idea that I need some help with. I want to do something like this, with fabric (or paper) decoupaged onto the table. I also found these instructions. Can anyone help me figure this out step by step? Right now the table is raw, but with crayon marks all over it. 1. Should I sand it and paint it with something first? Just...
Those look great! Some are way outside my price range though. What do you think of these? http://www.amazon.com/BRIO-Natural-B.../dp/B00000IV25 My first response is why are they so cheap? Looks like these may be the ones for us for now though.
Those look great! Some are way outside my price range though. What do you think of these? http://www.amazon.com/BRIO-Natural-B.../dp/B00000IV25 My first response is why are they so cheap? Looks like these may be the ones for us for now though.