or Connect

Posts by prophetmother

Thanks for the encouragement and support!!
Thanks for the info!! I checked it out and I definitely want to start a group here. The closest one to me is 4 hours away. I emailed someone yesterday about NINO membership and am waiting for a reply. Can anyone tell me how you got a NINO started? Should I telephone someone there?
Hi Mamas!! I was reading the thread someone wrote about living in a small town and getting lots of attention for wearing your baby and I was thinking about my situation. I am seen in a lot of places around my town wearing dd and I get a lot of comments. It's kind of a small town in a big county, but anyway, I think I'd really like to teach a class or have an outreach or something. I see so many moms with strollers and lots of gear and think about how much they could...
Another vote for the sling here! My dd is 13 weeks old and I'm wearing her right now as she sleeps. For a while, she would awaken if I even thought about putting her down. She's always gone down at night more easily though. She's gotten a lot easier to put down the last month. But I take her to work with me everyday and I couldn't live without the carrier I have right now. I traded a hotsling for it on the MDC trading post (thanks KyleAnn). I had a hard time using...
Thank you OP for your post....
Great ideas! Thanks!
Zoe is nearly 2 months old now and I want to begin building up our Waldorf-inspired toys and such. I just got her a Keptin Jr. teething/rattle doll. What other things should I get over the next several months that would fit with her development? I found some wooden board books, puzzles, and wooden teethers and rattles. Are we too young for playsilks? Should I get her a pull toy? What is good for this stage and the ones soon to follow? Can we begin signing this early? I...
I have one! Yep, she's in the sling right now. She will hardly sleep anywhere else in the daytime but gets mad when she can't stretch her legs. If I put her down, she wakes up and is hard to get back to sleep until she's back in my arms. But I love having her so close!
Quote: Originally Posted by lupineperriwinkle I don't have the link but if you go to the Waldorf website there is a section with instructions on making your own. They are really simple! Which Waldorf website? please someone, help! I need these playstands! Uh, I mean, my KIDS need them, uh, yeah....
Thanks Elena, it sounds like you found a happy medium. I don't like the idea of a pacifier but I don't think it's evil either. But I've been feeling so guilty, giving it to her, and then making her go without it all day yesterday and today. Quote: Originally Posted by UrbanPlanter I would ditch the pacifier, and nurse every time the baby wants to. Even if sometimes it is every 10 minutes. Other times it might be every hour, or two hours. It...