or Connect

Posts by prophetmother

I got 2 dz of these at my baby shower...Do you think they are worth keeping? The packaging says the middle pad is 100% polyester and I've heard that isn't really very absorbant. I already have 2 dz cpfs that I love and can't wait to use (just dyed them today!!) when dd is born plus 1 dz assorted other cds. So, should I add these to my stash? or try to give/sell/trade them?
Thanks so much for all the responses. I'm glad to know I don't need to buy a "special" pail/trash can! whew...
Hi all! I'm due with my first little one on Tuesday and have a generous supply of prefolds I can't wait to use. But I still don't have everything I need. I need to find a good diaper pail, preferably one that has a snap on lid (b/c I have cats) and contains odors pretty well. I've searched the forum but haven't been able to find names or places to buy one. Can you guys help me out? Also, can you suggest a pail liner that would fit the kind of pail you suggest? I've...
I was tested for this last Thursday and my results came back as mildly elevated, I don't remember all the numbers though. My midwives put me on Benedryl and retested on Monday. The results this time were normal and better than they were earlier in my pregnancy. I'm not thrilled about taking the Benedryl, I wanted a more herbal remedy, but something seems to be working and I am in the clear for now. I wish you the best with this...
Try the babywearing forum...I did a search there for "summer" and got a few things but I didn't really read through them all. Here's the link: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...earchid=433623 hth Congrats!
Quote: Originally Posted by wasabi There are some very good links posted in this thread. http://69.20.14.30/discussions/showthread.php?t=261527 Tori from some of what Pamela posted I would guess you getting the shot would help. Seems like what we eat shortly before birth and during BFing can make a big difference in the levels in our BM. Thanks! I think I would definitely prefer to just eat the natural sources myself. Natural Sources...
Does anyone know the effects if I get the shot for myself instead of giving it to the baby?
Quote: Originally Posted by goodcents i was thinking i wanted to birth in a skirt and thought it was so cool when i found an ad in mothering last one specifically for such a thing. i ordered one last week and can't wait for it to some this week so i can check it out. i haven't really sorted out what i am going to wear in the laboring tub yet (i do plan to use a tub during labor at the birth center provided both rooms with tubs aren't filled!) it seems...
Hmm, good ideas there. My mom took me shopping today and I got most of the stuff you mentioned. We'll have to get dh his stuff soon too, I almost forgot about him...oops! (sorry baby) I do need to get some pillows. Hey, does anyone have suggestions for the birthing pool? Should I bring anything for that? I got a t-shirt/nightgown and then some mens t-shirts to wear. I can't find a bra I like and I don't think I need a swim suit. I read somewhere about bringing a...
I have a list of stuff I'm supposed to have packed now but I was wondering what you guys were planning to take with you to the birth center or the hospital? What are you packing it in? My suitcase is not big enough...Any suggestions? How else should I be prepared?