or Connect

Posts by prophetmother

That looks great! How would you put this to use if you were planning to keep baby nakey most of the time? Would you put blankets or prefolds over it?
Maybe he's ready to EC! Check out the Elimination Communication part of the diapering forum...Great info there!
We are a very diverse group here, from many different places all over the world and living in the US and abroad. I'm curious about what you are asked to put on your dc's birth certificates regarding race/ethnicity. I had to fill out a form the other day for dd's birth certificate, and the main part didn't ask for her race, just names, address, & dob. Below, in the section marked for "confidential info for medical and public health use," it asked for things such as my...
Good question...I can't wait to read the replies!!! I've wondered the same thing, so far I have some second hand Kissaluv size 0s I'm planning on using for the day she's born. After that I have mostly prefolds. I have no idea what clothes she'll be wearing, but I know what her little bum will look like! My main question is about my baby's first few bowel movements and the meconium. Will it wash out of the dipe fairly easily? Should I use a liner? I'm not sure what to...
Hey, I didn't want to get left out but I haven't been approved for the yahoo group yet. : I'd love to come and learn all about what I'll need in the first 6 weeks after Zoe's born! Please please!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by coolermama It definitely feels more flesh than bone. Mine is more in my outer vaginal lip on the right side and runs into the top of my thigh. It hurts more after lying, sitting, standing or walking too long. Changing position often seems to help. On the brighter side, it does go away really quickly after delivery! I'm so glad to hear you say that. Mine is in the exact same place you describe and it only happens...
Quote: Originally Posted by fireflies~for~me Your numbers are not that high! Read Henci Goer's chapter in The Thinking Woman's Guide. The GTT is not a reliable indicator anyway, the new research is showing. That's what I read in Ina May's book. I refused the test and just had a finger poke on Wednesday. So far so good, I think it said 79. The only other thing is that I'm slightly anemic.
Although I have absolutely no experience with this topic, I was reading yesterday about the following suggestions for bottle feeding EBM: 1. try at 4 weeks old 2. let dc nurse briefly at your breast before trying the bottle so she won't be so hungry 3. once she gets a bit of breastmilk, offer the bottle 4. if she refuses, return her to the breast, then try the bottle again 5. is she still refuses, finish nursing and try a bottle again at another feeding Sounds like...
LOL!! Sounds like your dh and dd are on to something!!! I always wondered why men have nipples in the first place...
There are alot of us around here! Just peeking my head in to say HI!!!!