or Connect

Posts by MamaMochiko

I'm already on Zoloft.  Dr. recommended Xanax which makes me very tired but does the job well.  What meds did you take and did you talk to your dr about breastfeeding safely?  I'm on LactMed and I don't know which meds to ask my dr about.
I'm so mad right now.  I just have to vent and if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.   I live in Lexington county and I have to make an appointment to get the form 1126 for religious exemption.  I made an appointment with my regional office... and it's not until 2 weeks!!!!  I need tohave these forms so I can go back to work.  It's unfair enough that I have to make an appointment to supposedly explain myself but that I have to wait two weeks to go in...
Bumping.  Will be shopping for a new car in a couple of months.  Any ideas?  Guess we will have to buy the stroller and then the car, though we really won't need the stroller 'til next year.
I found that being distracted like watching TV or being on the computer helps.  I am able to nurse her longer now, up to 30 minutes as she is teething, but for many months I was only able to nurse her for a few minutes- just long enough for me to flip through the channels and see if there was anything on TV!  I'm sure some moms would be appalled that I was nursing my daughter without paying any attention to her but it was the best I could do and I really, really want to...
Bumping.  Really looking for support.
I am currently 8 months pregnant with #2.  When I got pregnant nursing started to hurt.  I continued to nurse my daughter but I think she changed from nursing to suckling to keep me from popping her off.  I lost my milk in the second trimester and have continued to nurse her in the hopes of tandem nursing.  Her suckling bothers me, though, and I don't like to nurse her more than a few times a day and I have to be distracted to do it.  It tickles and irks me so much!...
Thank you all for your replies.  I didn't see in my e-mail that this thread was getting replies!   I just took her diaper off at night and she sleeps on top of two waterproof blankets.  I try to take her to the potty when she squirms or fusses at night but she doesn't want to sit on the potty or she just sleeps there : P  Usually towards the early morning she will finally tinkle.  It's so shocking!  She used to pee through a diaper with two extra overnight layers and...
I don't even know where to start.  DD, 18 months, goes diaper-free around the house (except for naps when she does not pee) and she consistently uses the potty.  We've just started panties (can't find any affordable reusable trainers in her size) and she thinks she can go in those still...  Anyway, our nighttime diapering is failing marvelously.  We're talking major leakage.  Amazingly I am able to strip off her clothes and diapers and put a fresh one on her without...
I guess she's not underweight.  She's still on the charts.  And she definitely gets whole milk.  But she's not a lethargic kid getting less than the recommended calories.  Everybody says she is healthy and looks great but I can't get over the fact that she practically never gets that goal number of calories and burns them right off.  She does eat a lot of nutrient-dense foods and does dairy and meat but she'd rather eat a whole banana than half of a grilled cheese...
DD is 17 months and I am 22 weeks pregnant.  I lost my milk at the beginning of the second trimester.  She still nurses a few times a day but it's dry.  Only recently have I noticed a little bit of white around one nipple after she nurses- colostrum already, perhaps?     Dr. Sears says my toddler should be getting 1,000 to 1,500 calories a day but on a good day she only gets 700-800 calories.  Developmentally she's fine just on the thin side and the last time we saw...