or Connect

Posts by BRINLOVE

Good Morning Moms!   For the last 6 weeks my 3 year old DD has been having these mysterious bites/bumps on her back and on her back only. She goes to a in-home daycare one day a week and has been for the last 9 months. I notice them when she comes home from there and it takes almost a week for them to heal and then they are back again when she returns. At first there were only 1 or 2 bites/bumps and I thought nothing of it because they play outside and she didnt seem...
Hi, My 2 1/2 year old DD started potty traiining last week. She has done GREAT going pee pee but has decided she isn't pooping anymore. Not on the potty, she has gone twice on the potty, or in a diaper! It has been 7 days and she has only gone 3 times which were quite the event. She gets so stressed out and anxiety sets in and she is so distraught. I feel so bad for her because I dont know what else to do for her. I have tried to explain the her why we need to go and why...
Thanks everyone. Were still nursing and plan to for a while. I work so when I pump it takes me ALL day to produce 5oz. which is what she drinks right now while I am away. We nurse atleast 3 or 4 times a day when I'm time. The rest of the time she's eating solids. I just worry that she's not getting enough calcium. (first time mom ) We live in Newport News so pediatricians supportive of AP I've yet to find. Luckily we have a great Lactation Nurse that I usually talk to...
Hello, my DD will be 12months in a couple of weeks and she is allergic to dairy. It started with cottage cheese (her Lactation Consultant recommended it since she had texture issues with food). Hives anywhere it touched her skin and an ER visit later ok no more cottage cheese. Few days later she ate yogurt like she always did and loved for lunch and same thing again. So we stopped giving her anything dairy for a couple months. Couple days ago I gave her a couple bites of...
Hi, I am looking for a new Peds for my 9 month old DD in the Newport News/Hampton Roads area. I need one that is BF supportive and open minded to non-text book parenting. Any suggestions? Thanks
Hi I'm in Newport News!
Thank you everyone for the advice. I wasn't concerned about her eating until the Dr said she wasn't eating enough solids (we were doing purees 2-3x a day). I'm going to continue the way we were and let my DD tell me what she wants not a Dr who is strictly text book. Thanks again and I am glad I joined this forum!
Thank you. That me feel better. Felt like I was doing something wrong. Not sure what type of testing, she didn't say. I'm not a big fan of our pediatrician. I've been thinking about looking for another one, one more bf supportive. Thanks again I will give it more time.
Hello, I am new to this so I'm not quite sure how this works. I have a 9 month old who refuses to eat anything with texture or past stage 2 foods. The only finger foods she will eat are yogurt melts mainly because she doesn't have to chew them. She has 5 teeth but refuses to use them. Instead she gags and spits it out or makes herself throw up while she screams bloody murder. Her Dr says we need to keep trying and if she doesn't catch on she recommends she go for...