or Connect

Posts by ashleyt

I think homeschooling is best for our family because it gives DS the chance to learn at his own pace while being able to tie his personal interests and learning style into his education (among many many other reasons!).
Sorry it has taken so long. I've searched all over and there is no branding on our bedrail to know which one we have, and it's been 2yrs...I know DH ordered thru Amazon, and I'm nearly positive this is the one we have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002VAF3Y/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1333128012&sr=8-1 We did have some issue w snugness but we put foam bumpers in the gap and it worked great. Our bed sits very high off the floor, and DS is crazy moving at night, so bumpers alone...
Sorry it has taken so long. I've searched all over and there is no branding on our bedrail to know which one we have, and it's been 2yrs...I know DH ordered thru Amazon, and I'm nearly positive this is the one we have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002VAF3Y/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1333128012&sr=8-1 We did have some issue w snugness but we put foam bumpers in the gap and it worked great. Our bed sits very high off the floor, and DS is crazy moving at night, so bumpers alone...
DS had food sensitivities to a plethora of foods, but dairy was the big culprit. We actually started bedsharing bc I had no idea what was causing his wakefulness, and it was making me crazy. Unfortunately, sleeping next to me offered no change in his sleep. One day I was reading "The Baby Bond" when DS was 10mo and coincidental timing of what I was reading and a current issue he was having gave me the lightbulb moment we needed to see his food sensitivities. He quickly...
Maybe I'm being silly, and maybe it is just my kid....but have you tried talking about what is allowed and not allowed when it comes to sleeping times? DS will understand what I'm saying and though he would get upset about following the rules we discussed, he *usually* goes along w it. However, when he doesn't choose to follow said rules....it is a whole nother story. Have you tried/considered rocking as a way to aid getting back to sleep? Also DS doesn't usually get...
We do!!!! DH found one online designed for taller mattresses--like our huge pillowtop. I would tell you a brand and where to buy, but DS is currently aslp right next to said guard rail and I don't want to wake him. I will post back tomorrow to let you know....if you still need this info.
I know this is an older post, but I was wondering what you decided to try? Would you mind to post a picture if possible and share how it worked out w a carrier? My sis has a DS w Mitchell shoes and bar for his clubfoot and she is stressed w choosing a carrier wo seeing a pic, and I can't seem to find any w the baby actually in a carrier. Thanks.
I'm not sure if your goal is to have her in her own bed so she doesn't ask to nurse or bc you feel it's just time, so here is my experience... DS just turned 2. Prob around 14-18mos, I started using "not yet" very gently when he asked to nurse in the middle of the night. We would rock if he was still insistent (it didn't take long for him to stop waking at that time). There were a few times that he was upset but I chose the length of time to have him wait to nurse, and...
My very supportive MIL recommended the practice of cutting nipple holes in my bra to let them rub against my shirt or to put small pieces of sandpaper in my bra to rough up my nipples before DS was born. Lol still makes me laugh 2.5 yrs later.
I got all my alternative schedule ideas and info from the Dr Sears Vaccine Book. He regularly updates info on their website, too, and may have simple schedule listed wo buying the book. And yes! It's ok to get only one shot at a time. We call ahead and will go in for only a shot or two in between well visits to space them out--the nurse gives the shot and it doesn't require a full doc visit (or charge for such either). Hope this helps some.